- Pop the hood and locate the belt routing diagram. This is typically either on a sticker under the hood or on the core support. Make sure you know where this is before you start taking off the belt.
- Locate the belt tensioner on the front of the engine, which is located on the passenger side. It has a square slot in the middle of it. Put the socket extension onto the breaker bar and place the extension into the square slot on the tensioner.
- Pull up on the breaker bar to release the tension from the belt. When it goes limp, slide it off of the pulleys on the engine and discard. Release the tension on the tensioner.
- Place the replacement belt around the crankshaft pulley at the very bottom middle of the engine, and start to route the belt according to the diagram you located in step 1. When the belt has no more play, pull up on the breaker bar and route the belt around the tensioner. Once the belt appears to be aligned correctly, release the breaker bar.
- Visually inspect the belt to make sure it is squarely in each pulley and it doesn’t appear to be out of alignment. Remove the breaker bar from the engine compartment and start the vehicle. Watch the belt and make sure it’s running straight. If not, stop the engine and readjust.
Basketball scorebooks allow you to keep a complete record of a game. Utilize them to keep statistics for your team, monitor game information for the coaching staff or serve the official scorer. Track field goals, free throws, personal fouls, technical fouls, timeouts and alternating possessions for held balls in these books.
Filling Out The Roster
- Start by putting in correct team information. List the players in numerical order, from the smallest number to the largest. Designate the starters by checking the appropriate box, if your scorebook has one. Make sure the information is listed accurately. Teams that give the official scorer an incorrect roster — or fill out the official scorebook incorrectly — can be penalized with technical free throws.
- Be very sure of foul calls before recording them. If you are an official scorer or you’re keeping the book on behalf of the coaching staff, ask officials for a clarification if you are not sure. The official NCAA Scorebook features the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 to the left of the player’s name and a box under each numbers. Draw a line through the 1 for the first foul, a line through the 2 for the second foul and so forth. Write the time of each foul under the number, if there is space for it. Chronicle team fouls one by one in the designated area, using the number of the player charged to denote the foul. If you are keeping the book on behalf of the coaching staff, your record-keeping will be vital if there is dispute on foul totals at some point in the game.
Recording Technical Fouls
- Learn the technical foul rules at your level of competition; in some cases a technical foul also counts as a personal foul. Record technical fouls in a separate area with a notation on the time, the type of technical foul and which individual received it — unless it was a bench technical on no one person.
Tracking Time Outs
- Tracking timeouts is another critical function if you’re keeping the scorebook for a team. Keep a count in the space allotted and add the time of the stoppage under the notation if you can. Differentiate between a regular timeout and a 20-second timeout, if there are such things at your level.
Documenting Individual Scoring
- For regular field goals, put down a 2 in the player’s column for that quarter or half. For 3-point field goals, put down a 3. For a free throw attempt, put down a 0. For a made free throw attempt, put a X inside that 0. For two-shot fouls, connect the 0s with a small “v” underneath them. For one-and-one foul calls, connect the 0s with an inverted “v” on top. If a player misses the front end of the one-and-one, you would put down a 0, attach the inverted “v” on top and leave the second spot blank — because the player did not get the second shot.
Providing Team Totals
- For the team totals, add up the number of regular field goals in each quarter or half and put down that number with (2) next to it in the total box. Add up the 3-point field goals and put (3) next to that number in the total box. In the free throw column, add up the makes and misses and put those numbers in the total box. Then add up the game totals in the total boxes underneath the individual player summaries.
Recording Running Score
- Keep a running score if your scorebook has an easy format for that. In the Official NCAA Scorebook, there are numbers 1 through 136 displayed for this purpose. If player makes a basket to give his team 16 points for the game, draw a line through the 16 and put the player’s number under that. Record the time of the basket as well, if you want that much detail.
- Although the Official NCAA Scorebook doesn’t include columns for missed field goals, assists, rebounds, blocked shots and steals, you can keep those statistics too. One simple way to track missed shots is to put down a 1, 2 or 3 for each free throw, field goal and three-point shot taken. Then circle the shots that are made.
- Beat him to the spot. Every post player is more effective the closer they are to the basket. The first key to playing post defense is to keep your man from posting up right under the basket. If you are positioned properly when he cuts to the block to post up you can beat him to the spot and keep him from getting good position.
- Stay centered. It is very important that you do not lean on one side or the other of the post player’s body. They are trained to feel where the defender is and then spin in the opposite direction.
- Maintain a good defensive stance. When you play post defense it is easy to stand up straighter than you should. Make sure you keep your knees bent and remain ready to move. You cannot put both hands on the post player’s back or you will be called for a foul. Keep one forearm on the post player’s back just above his rump. This will help you control his movement and keep him from backing you down. Keep your other hand up to challenge passes and obstruct his view.
- Keep your weight forward. Many post players rely on bumping into the post defender in order to get him off balance and clear space to get his shot off. If you stay up on your toes so you can move quickly and keep your weight forward. With your weight forward you will be better able to absorb the contact and stay close to the post player when he attempts his shot.
- Challenge the shot. The whole key of playing post defense is to make the post player take as bad a shot as possible and to make the shot as difficult as possible to convert. If you implement these steps to play post defense, you will be able to challenge his shot.
- Box out and get the rebound. Your job is not finished after the player you are guarding takes his shot. Box him out and make sure that if he misses he cannot get an offensive rebound. Once you or your teammate has the rebound, you have done your job.
- Turn the ignition to the “On” position. The SYNC system starts automatically.
- Press the “Phone” icon on the touch screen to access the phone menu.
- Select “System Settings” from the phone menu.
- Select “BT Device” from the settings menu.
- Touch “Add Device” and select “OK.” Press “OK” again when “Find Sync” appears in the display screen.
- Open the Bluetooth menu on the cellular device and enter it to “Discovery Mode.” A six-digit PIN will appear on the radio display when the phone is discovered.
- Enter the six-digit PIN into the phone when prompted. When the display on the Explorer Sport Trac says “Connected,” the two devices are paired and the cellular phone automatically syncs with the system.
Without the power from the alternator, your ignition system will have to depend on the battery for electrical power. If the alternator is not working, the battery will fail very quickly and the car will stop running. If you suspect that the alternator in your Montero Sport is not working properly, you can replace it or remove it and have it tested; most auto parts stores will test the alternator for you free of charge if you bring it in.
- Remove the negative battery cable from the battery with a wrench. Lay the cable aside and locate the alternator on the front of the engine.
- Remove the adjusting bolt at the top of the alternator with a wrench or socket and ratchet. Loosen the lower mounting bolt and push the alternator toward the engine to loosen the belt. Remove the belt from the alternator.
- Locate the wiring harness connections on the rear of the alternator. (There are two of them, a ring connector on the “B” terminal and a plug in connector.) Remove the ring connector, using a wrench, then unplug the second connector by pushing the locking tabs on the connector and pulling it free of the alternator.
- Remove the mounting bolts from the alternator with a socket and ratchet, then lift the alternator out of the engine compartment. Position the new alternator in place and install the lower mounting bolt. Leave the bolt loose.
- Install the upper adjusting bolt and leave it loose. Attach the two wiring harness connections on the rear of the alternator, then tighten the bolt on the ring connector with a wrench. Ensure that the second connector is secure.
- Slide the drive belt onto the alternator pulley and pull the alternator out away from the engine. Tighten the adjusting bolt with a wrench once the belt is tight. Tighten the lower mounting bolt with a socket and ratchet.
- Install the negative battery cable on the negative post of the battery and tighten the bolt with a wrench or socket and ratchet. Start the engine and verify that the belt is correctly running over the pulleys. Check to see that the alternator is charging as well.
Skeptics say golf boots or golf shoes are a pointless extra designed not to support you play greater, but to produce you invest further from the pro shop. A pair of everyday athletic shoes and boots, they argue, can complete the task just too.
There’s no question golfers will drop a fairly penny on a pair of high-end sneakers. Most main brands offer a minimum of one model fetching $200 or further; a super swanky pair, decked out in calfskin combined with full-grain leather, can price upward of $450.
What is this, Sex plus the City? Not certainly. Decent sneakers can go as low as $60-75, as well as $150 will net you a cool pair, indeed. The price tag begs a legitimate query, in spite of this: Are the benefits touted by golf shoe organizations certainly worth the cash outlay? Or can a golfer receive that by wearing his favorite pair of sneakers?
Let’s settle the argument conducted by pitting golf sneakers against standard-issue running, tennis or other athletic boots or shoes, point by point. May possibly the very best fit win:
Golf sneakers get come a extended, long way in this department, primarily just by integrating athletic-shoe features into their designs. Still, some sneakers can get a few rounds to break in. Athletic shoes commonly get softer uppers as well as further flexible soles, creating them practically invincible with the comfort category.
Style & variety
Another area in which golf shoes or boots get made main, um, strides. Time was, golf shoes uniformly followed saddle-oxford convention, complete with hideous tassels. Fortunately, those days are but a crappy memory.
Again, many of today’s golf boots or shoes mimic athletic-shoe styling, to the point that they’re nearly indistinguishable. But golfers can choose by a multitude of designs, by old classic oxfords (sans tassels) to kicks that might produce a skateboarder envious. Colors, designs combined with fabric combinations are equally vast.. Athletic shoes, on the other hand, quite much look the same as athletic shoes.
Traction & stability
Well, this is a no-brainer. Running boots and shoes grip well enough on dry turf, but they’re no match for spike-bottomed sneakers as soon as grass is wet. Regardless of conditions, footwear provides a amount of faith that is paramount in creating a superior swing.
The invention along with popularity of so-called “soft spikes” was a blessing to course superintendents everywhere. Plastic cleats, now required at generally every course, cause much less damage to greens combined with clubhouse floors than their metal forerunners. Nonetheless, athletic shoes’ spike-free soles are utterly ouch less to treasured turf.
Expense Prices for good golf together with athletic shoes and boots are similar. But, since athletic shoes or boots can be worn off the course, a golfer can in theory skip footwear expenditures altogether simply pulling double-duty together with his tennis togs.
Once you want to play the same as a real golfer, you ought to look the same as a real golfer. Coupled with sporting a pair of sneakers that belong at the track or court won’t aid matters.
Toddlers need an outdoor toy that can help them develop loco-motor aptitude, as well as one that challenges their cognitive skills. The Step2 All Star Sports Climber is a durable kiddie outdoor gym set which aims to meet both of these challenges, and then some. It provides several activities in one set up for kids aged twenty-four months to eight years.
This product from Step2 currently ranks eighth in the outdoor play department at Amazon. It encourages small children to run, play, climb, kick, and pass in a series of specially designed sports-like playtime facilities. It is durable and built to last for years.
Cool Climber Features:
Toddlers can learn to climb using the Step2 All Star Sports Climber’s fun rock wall. It is attached to a slide so they can go down and then climb up again for hours of active playtime.
A Basketball Hoop with Scoreboard:
Even small children can learn the fundamentals of the numbers system with a scoreboard that is attached to this outdoor gym. You can teach them how to keep score whenever they successfully shoot the basketball through the hoop.
Comes With a Miniature Soccer Ball, Basketball, and Football:
True to its name, this Step2 activity center is all-sports, as evidenced by the three inflatable balls that come with it. There is a toddler-sized basketball to shoot into the attached hoop, plus a soccer ball and a football.
Perfect Size for Toddlers:
The Step2 All Star Sports Climber measures 30 by 63 by 43 inches which is in keeping with toddlers’ average height. One satisfied parent describes it thusly, “Perfect for my 3 year old and 1 1/2 year old…It is tall enough so my tall 3 year can actually slide.”
Can Be Placed Indoors or Outdoors:
Though it is to all intents and purposes an outdoor gym, the All Star Sports Climber can also be kept indoors especially during wintertime. Below is a humorous excerpt from a customer-written review at Amazon about it, “Set this up shortly after receiving it for Xmas and came home to my husband playing soccer with my 3 sons in the dining room! Overall happy to see them having a good lighthearted time. Winter will be tough because the little ones are so little. This will enable a little more action and adventure inside and keep the 18 month old from attempting to slide down the arms of furniture.”
May Prove Too Small for Kids Above Two Years Old:
One critical review at Amazon regarding the Step2 All Star Sports Climber is how the buyer’s daughters, who are two going on three, already seem to be getting too big for the gym. She relates her experience with the following quote, “We bought this for our twin girls. They are 2 years old, soon to be 3, and as soon as they sit down on the slide their feet are only about 6 inches from the bottom of the slide. So they end up sliding only a few inches before their feet stop them.”
Balls Require Inflating with a Bike Pump:
Several buyers raised the issue of having to inflate the soccer ball, basketball, and football using a bike pump. Not all homes have this, unfortunately, as one customer pointed out, “My only issue is that the balls have to be inflated with a bicycle pump, which I do not own, so we haven’t inflated them yet.”
More than just being an outdoor plastic slide, the Step2 All Star Sports Climber is a fun tool to help toddlers be active in a safe and educational way whether it is indoors or outdoors. This colorful all-in-one gym currently enjoys 4.5 stars out of a 5-star rating scheme at Amazon, and the way buyers rave about it underlines what a keeper of a toy it is.
With the approaching of Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, more and more Chinese customers attend in various of sports, athletic sports gradually become one of the parts which can’t lack of in common people’s life, sport shoes market will be more and more larger. Besides townsman’s professional demand to sport shoes is advancing, even routine sports items just like canter, customers who in top cities begin already showing their professional requirement. country denizen’s consumption to middle and low traveling sport shoes will gradually form new requirements.
1.Current Condition of Chinese sport shoes market
China is one of the biggest sport shoes production bases in the world, most international famous sport shoes brand had been settled down in China. Perfect shoes production chain, favorable production organization ability, lower labour force cost and skillful mechanic, all of above conditions have great temptation to every merchant. At the present time, the more alluring condition is huge Chinese market which will front for 2008 Olympic Games. Mature Adidas, athletic Nike, fashion LiNing, these are famous sport shoes brand visualize in China. In Chinese customers’ eyes Adidas’s visualize is a mature man, Nike is a young athlete, Nike have more market quotient than Adidas in China inland, and most customers think that LiNing brand’s visualize prolocutor is still LiNing. Comparing to visualize extending of these brands, Nike prefer athletes, he adopt pyramid visualize extending stratagem, it means from tower tip top athlete to nation team, and to NBA league matches province team, till make up common callan basketball activities, involve four grade basic in the whole sport things market. The quantity of top athletes is least, but they have strong radiant strength. Nike company’s brand visualize extending is more successful and without doubt, so Nike shoes is most popular in China, for example, Nike’s classical style jordan shoes,nike shoes,nike dunks, air force ones is especially popular for callan.
3.The influence of Beijing 2008 Olympic Games to science and technology content of sport shoes product
Some of domestic sport shoes enterprise has come out from product configuration is not reasonable, and make a great change in “regard produce, ignore research”, really lead “innovate science and technology” to products. For example, “Hongxingerke” first detrusion “GDS decrease exhibit system”, “four function system” etc. “GDS decrease exhibit system” as “Hongxingerke” personal research function system, it’s capability absolutely compare beauty to international brand like Nike,Adidas. In addition, a company have to mention, that is anta who again use his practical activity to validate “innovate science and technology must be the vane to lead industry development”. anta cooperated with China leather and shoemaking industry academe set up “China shoemaking industry academe gym shoes technology research center”, aim at recuring to academe’s authoritative mighty technology flat roof, improve sport shoes measure level, and do some contribution to China shoemaking industry development, then can make out more and more scientific research production. Nowadays the current of product with the same quality is more and more serious, who can keep ahead of technology and make out larruping and suitable product for customers, who will be favorite. Besides, sport shoes manufactures need improve professional capability, at the same time enclose with athletic sports requirement, via reduce cost to supply bargain sport shoes product for person.
The Placepot is likely without doubt the finest value bet in betting. To win the Placepot you need to pick a horse to be placed in each one of the first six races at a horse race meeting. This is largely a Fun bet so do not go sticking wads on it, nor expect a load of winners, but when it does win you can be paid out #100s!!! This horse racing system ought to point you in the correct direction.
The Placepot Horse Racing System Method:
Firstly, we have got to choose which meeting to employ each day. It is better to stay to just a single meeting for each day. If there is a abundance of meetings then it is as a rule better not to use the main meeting of the day as this pretty frequently includes races with huge, competitive fields, and it makes our work of discovering horses to place more problematical. Conversely, the lowest grade meeting of the day, particularly in the flat season, in addition has its issues. The horses here are frequently ridden by the poorest standard of jockeys that makes research grueling. So when presented with a diversity of meetings select the second biggest meeting of the day to work on. If you are uncertain which one this is, then add all together the prize values of every race at every meeting. The one with the second highest value will be the one to take advantage of.
Having selected our meeting, we now need to build our selections using the horse racing system for qualifiers.
To win the Placepot we are going to use what is termed a Placepot perm. This allows us to select more than a single horse in every race. Most bookies now supply Placepot perm slips that make entering easier, but you can additionally do them online these days.
To win the pot we need to decide on a placed horse in every race. Obviously if we had covered say, three racehorses in each race then our odds are greatly enhanced. Unfortunately it’s not that straightforward! The more racehorses we pick in each horse race, the more expensive our stake. To cover three in every of the six races would require 729 bets, IE. 729 times the minimum stake at 0.10p a line!! #72.90 Ouch!!
The perm we exercise in this plan uses just 36 lines, at 10p unit stake the bet costs simply #3.60. It consists of a single selection in two of the races, two qualifiers in another two races, and three qualifiers in the remaining two races. 1 x 1 x 2 x 2 x 3 x 3 = 36 bets in total.
Now to select our qualifiers for the perm. If you are an experienced form student you may add your own know-how to the selection process, but at this juncture we are going to base our qualifiers on SP forecasts. Using the morning betting forecasts is a very dependable selection method to employ with this system.
Here’s what to do:
– Look at the SP forecast prices for the six horse races concerned. Look for the two races with the shortest priced favourites. These will be the most dependable favourites of the day, and even if they do not win, they ought to place. These perform as our single entries in the perm. – Select the two races with the largest fields, they are typically big handicap races, and are constantly the hardest to pick winners in. Take the first three racehorses in the betting forecast in every one of these races, they will be our three qualifiers in the perm. – Obviously in the outstanding two races, we use the first two in the betting forecast as our two qualifiers in the perm.
We now have all the elements for our perm. Don’t be fooled into thinking that since the selection method is fast and simple, it is useless. If you use it on a daily basis you ought to win the Placepot a few times a month. What it pays though depends on how many others share the pool.
One final note with reference to which paper to use. I suggest using the Racing Post as their SP. Forecasts tend to be more accurate, but whichever you use, keep to the same one every day.
Good luck with this Placepot horse racing system.
The Quest For The Ultimate Athletes Workout Routine
When I want to improve my golf game and I want a workout routine that is specific to the sport of golf, why can’t I find any? The Internet is completely inundated with general workout plans and body building workouts, but finding an excellent workout plan that you can trust for each of the different sports is more than difficult, it’s almost impossible! It’s amazing to me, but in today’s health conscience society, in a health industry full of specialists, why is physical fitness training still back in the stone age? Why is it so hard to find workout programs designed for each individual sport? If you have a bad back you don’t go to a general M.D., you go see an orthopedic doctor. If you have an impacted wisdom tooth you don’t go to a general dentist, you see an oral surgeon. If you suddenly develop double vision you don’t go to your local eye glass store, you see an ophthalmologist.< Sports
Workouts need to be tailored to fit each sport differently because not all sports require the same muscle groups to be strengthened the same. Workouts should be divided into types depending on their tasks in that way workouts can properly focus on speed, technique, strength and endurance. I understand that professional and college sports teams have workout routines designed for their athletes, but I’m talking about the aspiring athlete. Where does he find a workout plan specific to the sport he is interested in. Where are baseball player workouts? Where are football player workouts? Where are hockey player workouts or basketball player workouts? Workouts for these and other different athletic sports are not general fitness or bodybuilding workouts. Although they may incorporate general and bodybuilding workouts. Workouts for these sports reflect the rigorous and physically demanding aspects of each specific sport.
A List Of Workout Routines For Popular Sports
Golfers Workouts- A good golfers workout program will help you to hit the ball harder and straighter! If you want to crush your drive straight down the fairway and have accurate stronger shots then you need a golf workout routine that is devoted half to improving flexibility and half to strength training. The best golf workouts will focus on developing the body’s strength and stamina, golfing posture, the rotational flexibility, range of motion and ability to turn smoothly. Areas to focus on include the important forearm muscles, core strength /stability and flexibility exercises. The core exercises work the muscles of the abdominals, back and hips. So, if you are ready to increase your golf swing speed and distance then join a good golf workout program.
Baseball Player Workouts- Your baseball specific workout routines will have you hitting harder, running faster and swinging quicker. Just having good baseball skills is no longer enough. Today’s baseball players are getting bigger and stronger – and you need a solid strength and conditioning program just to keep up! If you want to compete at the next level, you need the total workout package: strength, power, speed, and coordination.
Basketball Players Workouts- You will need an overpowering combination of strength, agility, quickness, conditioning and power. Your workout routines need to get you jumping higher, cutting faster and overpowering your opponents. If you’re not at top condition, you will get out played by your opponent.
Golden Glove Boxing Workouts- If you want to join the ranks of the top-ranked boxers in the world, you are going to need a serious training program. Your workout routines need to build blinding speed, explosive punching power and endless endurance. You’ll need a lethal combination of devastating hand speed, bone-crushing power, blinding foot speed and endless stamina. Hand speed, strength training, quickness and endurance workouts are what is needed.
100 Meters Sprinters Workouts- If you want to explode out of the blocks and blaze to the finish line than you will need to do 100 meter sprinters workouts! There’s a reason why the winner of the Olympic 100 Meter Dash is always called “The World’s Fastest Human” It’s a race of 100% pure speed. Just you, the starting blocks, and a finish line. And if you want to continue to improve your personal best, you need to do the right strength workouts. Just sprinting on the track is not enough. Elite college and Olympic-level sprinters have full time strength coaches creating strength workouts for them. Workouts to transform them into powerful explosive sprinters (and it’s NOT doing time-wasting exercises like bicep curls!)
Ice Hockey Player Workouts- Your workout routines should consist of off-ice strength and conditioning programs just for hockey players. That means a workout plan consisting of strength training, plyo-metrics plus speed and agility drills. As a result you will get benefits of lightning speed and bone crushing strength to name a few.
Soccer Players Workouts- Your workout routines need a combination of lightning quick agility, incredible leg strength, blinding speed, massive power and never ending endurance. Serious soccer players who want to take their game to the next level need to workout on strength training, plyo-metrics and lightning fast foot speed.
Tennis Players Workouts- Tennis is a game of strength, speed, agility and power. Your workout routines should produce a unique combination of super endurance, explosive serving power, crushing ground strokes, blinding quickness, and finesse. Serious tennis players who want to become champions should workout on their strength training along with quickness, power and agility workouts.
Lacrosse Workouts- Lacrosse workouts requires lacrosse-specific strength and conditioning programs. Do you love to play lacrosse? If you’re serious about your lax game and are ready to take it to the next level – you need to train like the pros. You need knock out power, jaw-dropping strength, jackrabbit speed and agility plus never ending endurance. To keep up with the competition you need a strength and conditioning program that delivers results. That means strength training, plyometrics, and speed/agility drills.
This is only a partial list of the different workout plans for athletes.
General Workout Routines Aren’t Always Enough
Although I’m a young 49, I consider myself to be physically fit with part of my general workout routine consists of a great deal of walking. When I went bike riding with my grandson the other day it completely changed my mind of what my total fitness was. About ten minutes into our ride my leg muscles began to burn fiercely and it wasn’t much longer until I had to stop and rest. Although part of my general workouts consisted of a lot of walking which worked some of my leg muscles, it didn’t workout the muscle groups that were needed for bike riding. I guess Lance Armstrong’s Tour De France record is safe for now. If I were an amateur cyclist interested in turning pro, where would I find a good cycling workout plan?
Every Athlete Should Have Tailored Workout Routines
No matter what physical shape you are in or what bodily conditions you are working with, your workout plan needs to have exercise routines tailored for you. Once you find an excellent workout plan for your sport that you feel you can trust, you then have to hope that the workout routines are good for all levels of fitness whether you are at a basic, intermediate or advanced level. What good is your workout plan if all it has are workout routines designed for advanced level athletes. It shouldn’t matter if the only exercise you get is running to the fridge before the game starts, or if you’ve been training for years, you want a workout program for each level of fitness. Hopefully, the workout programs are designed for athletes by coaches that know about something about making high quality workouts for different levels of expertise. Lets face it, if you can’t perform the workout routines then you aren’t going to do them. The people who see the best results from their workouts are often the people who enjoy their workouts the most. Probably the best way to get results is by joining a workout website with a members’ forum which provides a great area for social networking, where you can meet other athletes and sports trainers, exchange tips and find training buddies to workout with.
Be Wary The Workout Plan That Does Everything
Be extra wary of the workout plan that claims they will make all athletes better at every sport. It can’t happen! As I’ve already shown you, every different sport requires strength, speed, agility and endurance from different muscle groups. Therefore, no single workout plan is going to allow you to excel at every sport. I have reviewed literally hundreds of websites in search of the best one to meet the criteria that I previously mentioned in this article. You know how many I found? “46” That’s right! 46 fantastic workout programs for athletes. 46 superb websites that are all part of a network. A network of 46 workout sites created by the world’s elite fitness experts, and it’s growing weekly!
The Specialized Fitness Workout Plans Is Here!
Each site is devoted to a different sport or part of the body or piece of fitness equipment. That is “46 Workout Plans” with over “10,000 Workout Routines” designed by some of the worlds foremost experts in the field of fitness and personal training. Just pick the workout routine you want and it pops right up. You can either view it online or print it out in print ready format. All of the workout routines are broken down into weekly scheduled exercises which include how many sets of exercises for each workout and how much rest between exercises you should take. Plus, each workout routine shows you animated exercises making sure you are using the correct form. I can’t stress it to you enough just how important it is for you to use the correct form while working out. For each workout routine you get a complete description of each exercise. Now for the best part. For just a small membership fee you not only become a member of the site you joined but, you become a member of each and every workout program in the network plus all the new workout programs that are added to the network in the future. Your membership includes free access to the exclusive members-only forums which are visited daily by the world’s best fitness experts and coaches who are standing by ready to answer all your fitness and workout questions. Whether you have a specific training question for our experts, are looking for a workout partner, or just want to meet kindred spirits, I have no doubt that you will feel right at home. If you want more information on the network of specialized workout programs visit The Health Nut. There are even specialized workouts for pregnant women. As always, before you engage in any sport or workout routine you should check with your doctor to make sure it is safe for you.
The Nike Heritage
Famous for its sneakers, NIKE (pronounced NI-KEY is the twentieth century footwear that lifts the best Athletic Footwear in the world to new levels of outstanding ability and achievement. But Nike shoes are not just for the sport of today’s fashion and hip crowds like the styles of design and comfort of these sneakers offer.
The origins of this giant of the world’s life began as a small distribution of clothes in the trunk of Phil Knight. From these beginnings rather unfavorable, Chevalier of the idea has grown to become the sports shoe and society that defines many aspects of popular culture and myriad varieties of “hip”. Nike is really a success quite trained very modest beginnings. Let’s look at this popular brand and see why it became what it is today. Let’s start with the Swoosh logo that has become synonymous with the company.
The Swoosh logo is just Nike and design was created by a lady student Caroline Davidson back in 1971. It represents the wing of the Greek goddess Nike, hence the name. Caroline Davidson was a student at Portland State University where she met Phil Knight. She was studying advertising when he was teaching accounting courses. They met when she started doing some freelance work for his young company.
The company has gone from strength to strength since and now enjoys an international reputation for the production of sports shoes high quality and other sports products. In fact, the most sought after baseball footwear is now a pair of Nike air baseball cleats, but the image of the dress Nike dedicated fan from head to toe in its products. Nike also has a wonderful range of sports bags quality and like all creations of the range is always changing.
Companies are not only become brand names during the night, they have to win, and even then, they must strive to change over time to maintain their market position. As regards the products of Nike, you can be sure that you get an excellent product of a sport that you can trust. They even have a line of golf bags and hats, as they have now known for the quality sportswear and sports not only sport shoes that started it all.
But all other products aside for me are the Nike shoes that I just love the best. This company design and method of creating running shoes and all other types of sports footwear very seriously, and people only know that when they buy Nike Mens Athletic Footwear that they get great value for money, high quality, comfort and the best protection for their feet.
As bathing suit weather quickly approaches, many have asked for a program on how to lose inches off your waist and get ripped fast. The following program covers key principles that will help you lose body fat, build muscle and increase your metabolism. Try it for 30 days, be vigilant in your pursuit and enjoy your body’s transformation.
1. Make A Goal
Make a goal that will challenge and motivate you. For example, I want to lose 12 lbs in 30 days or I want to lose two inches off my waist in 30 days or I want to lose my muffin top in 30 days.
2. Keep a Fitness Journal
Keeping a fitness journal provides many benefits including, but not limited to, the following: brings awareness to what you eat; helps curb compulsive eating; allows you to monitor your training activity and progress; emphasizes your commitment to health; serves as a medical record; and, helps you stay motivated, break old habits and form new ones.
Recommended journal entries:
Writing down your goal will reinforce and serve as a constant reminder of the task at hand.
TAKE A BEFORE PHOTO
Take a picture that accurately depicts your current physical condition. Reality! Put one in your journal and one on the refrigerator as reminders.
RECORD BODY WEIGHT AND MEASUREMENTS
Enter your weight and the circumference of the widest part of your arms, legs, waist, hips, back/chest and neck. Determine your body fat with a body fat caliper. For consistency purposes, use the same measuring devices from start to finish and measure the same areas of your body. Record your starting measurements and weekly follow-ups.
For weight training, record each workout including the exercise, set, reps, weight, start and stop time. For cardio/aerobic exercise, monitor the type of exercise, the intensity level and the length of exercise.
Record your caloric intake. If you are too busy to write everything down, then record one thing – your sugar consumption. It is that important! Calorie counters (many of which are found free on the internet) are great tools to help you monitor your caloric intake and nutritional choices.
3. Don’t Diet – Follow Nutritional Guidelines
When it comes to losing weight and keeping it off, a healthy eating plan trumps dieting every time. Why? Because nutritious eating is a lifestyle change whereas dieting is short-lived. The goal is to lose body fat in a quick and healthy manner. Adopt the following the best you can.
Drink as much as you can – keep your urine clear. Every morning drink 12 – 16 oz water, with juice from half a lemon and enough cayenne pepper to feel the heat (1/2 tsp.). This will jump start your digestive system and boost your metabolism.
Eat within an hour of waking – it is your most important meal of the day! An example of a well-balanced breakfast would include three eggs, ½ grapefruit and an 8 oz. glass of low fat milk.
EAT BALANCED MEALS
Eat three balanced meals and a minimum of three snacks per day.
* Meals – include Protein, Carbohydrates and Fat in every meal. Try the following daily amounts to maximize fat loss: Protein – eat the weight of your lean body mass converted to grams of protein (for example, if your lean body mass is 150 lbs, eat 150 grams protein); Carbohydrates and Fat – keep your consumption of each between thirty and forty percent of the total meal.
* Snacks – keep the same ratio of protein, carbohydrates and fats as discussed above (this ratio does not pertain to the protein shakes/snacks mentioned below). Try to keep the snack’s calorie count at approximately 200 (if you like protein bars, chose bars with as little sugar as possible).
DRINK A PROTEIN SHAKE AFTER YOUR WORKOUT
Drink a low carb protein shake within an hour after your weight training and/or cardio workout. Your body needs to be replenished with the nutrients it burned during exercise so that it can build muscle and maintain an increased metabolism. Each shake should include between 22 and 45 grams of protein. Chose a protein powder that contains Whey and Casein proten (not soy protein) and a low carbohydrate/sugar content (under 5 grams per serving).
EAT A LIGHT SNACK BEFORE BED
Eat a light snack (a cup of cottage cheese, low carb protein bar or a low carb protein shake) before bed to keep your metabolism running high during sleep.
THE “EVEN LATER” LATE NIGHT SNACK
If you want to take full advantage or your metabolism, drink a protein shake approximately 3 hours after you first fall asleep. Drastic? Yes, but works!
Limit your sugar intake as much as possible. Determine the sugar content of everything you eat by reading the Nutrition Facts label. Avoid foods with sugar content higher than 5-10 grams/serving.
NO BREADS OR STARCHY VEGETABLES
Don’t eat breads, crackers, tortillas, chips, rice, potatoes, etc. Compensate by eating lots of greens.
NO ALCOHOL OR SODA (INCLUDING DIET SODA)
For a reward or a little stress relief, one glass or red wine with dinner is ok.
TAKE VITAMINS AND SUPPLEMENTS
Consider the following: multi-vitamin; fiber; fish oil; green tea; probiotics; and, garlic. Only take the recommended daily dosage and remember most nutrients will come from the foods you eat. Many protein powders contain added vitamins, minerals and amino acids as well.
4. Workout Daily
Daily exercise is required to build/tone muscle, boost your metabolism and burn calories that stem from fat. Incorporate the following exercises into your routine for maximum results.
Lift weights 3x/week with at least one day’s rest between workouts (train Monday, Wednesday, Friday, for example). Try to keep your workouts within an hour and pick a training program that focuses on full body workouts for each training session.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Upon completing your weight training session, rest a couple of minutes and do a short high intensity workout. Some examples of this include the following:
* Sprints – sprint 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds and repeat and additional 9 times
* Jump rope – continuously for fifteen minutes, increase the repetitions on each subsequent workout
* Countdowns – pick two exercises (dumbbell swings and squat thrusts, for example) and, with no rest, do 10 reps of the first exercise, 10 reps of the second, 9 reps of the first, 9 reps of the second, and continue down to zero
* 100 squat thrusts – try to beat your best time on each subsequent workout
Do cardio/aerobics on days you are not weight training. Any type of cardio/aerobic exercise is fine – power walk, treadmill, elliptical, stair master, rowing, etc. Start with 40 minutes cardio on the first day and increase each subsequent workout by five minutes.
IMPORTANT TIP: For maximum fat loss, keep your heart rate in the Low Intensity Zone (65 -70% of your maximum heart rate) for the entire cardio session. Use a heart rate monitor – they will help you stay in the low intensity zone for more extended periods of time.
This program on how to lose inches off your waist and get ripped for summer works! Commit to your goal, stay focused on the task at hand and envision your body’s transformation.
“The most important key to achieving great success is to decide upon your goal and launch, get started, take action, move.” – John Wooden, Hall of Fame Basketball Player and Coach.
Everyone has wondered at some point in time which cardio exercise is much better. To put it in simple conditions, both low and high intensity physical exercises will help you to burn off fats. The question here is which is the very best to burn off more body body fat.
When scientists first discovered qvnpln2-d this during intensive exercises, your body can burn glycogen, which is a form of stored carbohydrates that happen to be stored in your liver and muscular tissues for energy. During low intensity physical exercises, your body will burn a many fat.
If your wondering whether and also not it works, the answer is no because you will discover so many obese people still around. Even though they are working released with low intensity routines, it even now makes you wonder how it could be.
The scientists were right when these people said the human body burns more excess fat during low intensity exercises like running or swimming. During a high intensity exercise like running, the body will burn additional calories. Even if some of the particular calories burnt are from glycogen, you will discover still many fat calories burned at the same time.
To put the icing on this cake, when your store of glycogen receives low, the carbohydrates from your food you eat will later get converted into glycogen to fill up the store and won’t be converted to body fat when they’re left unused for energy.
High depth cardio exercise will juice up your current metabolism even after you have concluded your workout. What this means, is that your body will continue to burn body fat hours once you’ve left the gym. This effect will be nearly non existent in low intensity cardio or aerobic workout.
Accumulatively, your body will burn up more and more calories during and once you’ve finished a high intensity cardio exercise who’s will with low intensity.
You might inject high intensity exercises into your cardio workout by introducing some interval training. You can walk for a few minutes or so, then break straight into some jogging for another 5 minutes or so. Then, walk briskly again until you will have caught your breath and then sprint for a minute before you walk again. Made by this point, simply alternate your running and walking to the next 15 minutes until you are generally finished.
One of the best reasons for cardio is the more you exercise, the more energy you’ll have. Cardio exercise will help you to burn calories, although its more useful for keeping your time levels high.
If you’ve never tested out cardio before, you should give this a shot. If you like for you to exercise, you’ll find cardio the fastest way to boost your energy and keep in top shape. If you are in the beginning stages, you’ll want to go slow and keep the cardio exercise in track – as it is extremely easy to over exert yourself.
It was uncommon for women to smoke cigars for a very long time as cigar smoking was historically and exclusively smoked by wealthy men and a very select few wealthy women (those that were queens of countries and etc). Cigar smoking was seen as a male endeavor, smoking fine cigars proved that you had very good business sense and a successful business. What cigars represent
Cigar smoking was seen as a symbolism of wealth, power and status. It also represents masculinity due to its large phallic shape. The average woman historically did not have their own income to spend and purchase cigars as their husbands are usually the breadwinner of the family. At present, as women’s status and financial income grew exponentially throughout the decades; smoking cigars was just another indication of women’s advancement in society. What men think about women smoking cigars
There are a growing number of men who support the idea of women smoking cigars. Some say that it allows women to express their masculine side and “regain their power”. Other men think that women who smoke cigars are sexy. Women who smoke cigars despite others’ opinions gain men’s respect as they are seen as individuals who stand their ground and don’t care about what others think of them. Where to smoke
The best place for both women and men to smoke and socialize is a cigar lounge. Lounges like 8eightyeight Cigar Lounge offers a wide range of word famous handcrafted cigars including those by Arturo Fuente, Diamond Crown, Graycliff, Padron, Rocky Patel and a host of others. Going to these lounges to smoke cigars doubles the fun as you will be socializing with other cigar enthusiasts! It is a welcoming sight when 1 or 2 women pops in for a good smoke in this male dominated past time. The numbers
In 1980, women bought a tenth of a percent of cigars. At present, women make up 2% of all cigars sold! That’s a 3000 percent increase! One can only imagine how many women will be smoking cigars in the next 20 years! It is estimated that women smoke about 3-5 cigars every month. Cigar smoking among women symbolizes a lot more than just the smoking itself. It sends a message to society that women have gained their position in society in terms of wealth and power. They are independent, strong women who are able to handle cigars with a hint of class
Hall of Fame
- There is a hall of fame specifically devoted to women’s basketball. Located in Knoxville, Tennessee, the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame opened in 1999. The building houses artifacts and memorabilia commemorating the history of women’s basketball. The hall also recognizes contributors to women’s basketball. The Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame building also encompasses the world’s largest basketball, that is 30 feet tall and weighs 10 tons.
- Born in 1952, Pat Summitt, women’s head coach at the University of Tennessee, is the all-time winningest coach at any level in college basketball. Since taking over the reins for the Volunteers in 1974, she has won eight national championships and recorded more than 1,000 victories. She is inducted in both the Basketball Hall of Fame and the Women’s Baskeball Hall of Fame. The basketball court at the University of Tennessee is named The Summitt in her honor.
- The inaugural season of the WNBA was 1997. Eight teams competed in the WNBA’s first season. Original franchises were located in Charlotte, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston, New York, Phoenix, Sacramento, and Utah. Tina Thompson was the first player chosen in the inaugural WNBA Draft and the first MVP was Cynthia Cooper. In its first season, the WNBA drew more than one million fans. The Houston Comets own the distinction of winning the first WNBA championship, defeating the NY Liberty.
- In 1936, a team called the All American Red Heads competed in exhibition games across the country against men’s teams playing by men ‘s rules. The Red Heads, one of the first pro women’s basketball squads, were very popular and would play up to 200 games a year. Members of the Red Heads were required to wear makeup, don red wigs, or tint their hair crimson.
- Born in Lithuania, Senda Berenson Abbott is known as the Mother of Women’s Basketball. She was responsible for writing the first rule book for women’s basketball and organized the first women’s basketball game at Smith College in Northampton, Massachusetts. In addition, she chaired the Women’s Basketball Rules Committee for more than a decade. In 1985, Berenson Abbott was the first women inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Massachusetts for her contributions to the sport.
- Over the years, the rules of women’s basketball have evolved. Rules changed as society’s views of women in athletics changed, according to historians. In 1901, a Women’s Basketball Rules Committee was formed in attempt to make rules more uniform. Early rules stated there was no coaching allowed from the sidelines during contests, timeouts were not allowed, and there were no substitutions. Up until the 1930s, the game was played on three courts and with as many as nine players on a side. In the 1930s, six-on-six play began, and teams consisted of three forwards and three guards. Forwards were the only players allowed to score, and no players were allowed to cross midcourt — so it was basically three-on-three on both halves of the court. In 1971, five-on-five play was adopted in the NCAA, along with a 30-second shot clock, a decade before men’s college basketball would add a shot clock.
It seems that almost every golfer has a hard luck tale to recount about a prize that they would have won, had they not been disqualified for a mistake concerning their score card. Of course, there is no requirement to complete a score card in match play, so the following only applies to stroke play situations. Rule 6-6 and the Decisions thereon contain most of the important information concerning the score card.
It is the Committee’s responsibility to provide each competitor with a score card containing the date and the competitor’s name or, in foursomes or four-balls, the competitors’ names (Rule 33-5). The competitor must ensure that their handicap is recorded on his score card. If there is no handicap on the card before it is returned to the Committee following completion of the players’ round, or if the recorded handicap is higher than that to which they are entitled and this affects the number of strokes received, they are disqualified (Rule 6-2b). If they enter a handicap that is lower than that to which they are entitled the Committee will use that handicap to calculate their score. Note that the Rules require the full handicap to be shown on the card, notwithstanding the number of holes in the stipulated round or the competition format (e.g. four-balls are often played at ¾ handicap). Decision 6-2b/0.5 makes this clear. The player should hand their card to their marker at the beginning of the round and after each hole the marker should check the score with the competitor and record it.
Before the card is returned to the designated area (e.g. in a scorer’s tent, the golf shop, or a competition box) the player must ensure that the gross scores for each hole are accurately recorded and the card has been signed by both the player and their marker. If a score lower than the actual score on any hole is returned, the player incurs the penalty of disqualification. However, if a score higher than the actual score is recorded, that score stands.
There are several common misconceptions about the score card. Here are the facts; Only the marker and one player in a side have to sign the card. Full signatures are not mandatory, initials are acceptable. The marker and player may sign anywhere on the card, although obviously it helps the scorer if they sign in the correct spaces. A different card from the one issued may be returned (e.g. when the original card has been saturated by rain). No initials are required for alterations made to the card. The signature confirms all changes made. It is not necessary to calculate the points scored in a Stableford competition as this is the responsibility of the Committee, as is the totalling of the gross scores for each hole and the application of the handicap. However, as someone who regularly checks competition cards at my club, I urge you to do so; it makes life so much easier for us scorers. Surprisingly, there is no Rule making it mandatory for the competition date to be recorded on the card, but I recommend that it is, to avoid confusion. A card may be marked by more than one person provided that each signs for the part of the round for which they are responsible. The card must be signed by both the marker and player after the round has been completed.
Note that a Committee may not, as a condition of competition, require that competitors must enter their scores into a computer and so players cannot be penalised for failing to do so (Decision 6-6b/8). However, a Committee may introduce a ‘club regulation’ to this effect and provide disciplinary sanctions, such as ineligibility to play in the next club competition, for failure to enter scores in a computer provided for this purpose.
Have you ever watched an Olympic sporting event or a World Championship and wonder why a specific athlete won the event? In some events, the difference between first and last is a split second. Every athlete wants to perform well and win the event. Each athlete is looking for a competitive edge that can put him or her over the top.
And one of the ways that an athlete can increase his chances of success is by optimizing his breathing patterns and lung capacity. Salt Therapy can be applied to professional and amateur athletes as well as weekend warriors by helping them achieve their best performance through increased lung function and stamina.
There are many drawbacks to having poor breathing patterns including the increased probability of injury while training or during competition, increases muscle soreness, dehydration and muscle cramping. Halotherapy counteracts these negative effects by removing mucus, reducing bronchial hyper responsiveness and clearing out an athlete’s lungs
Athletes aren’t immune to respiratory conditions and pulmonary conditions. Airway obstruction is a blockage of respiration in the airway that can be caused by viral infections such as croup or swelling can reduce athletic performance. And for those athletes that have allergies or respiratory conditions such as asthma, salt therapy is a 100% natural, drug-free solution that is has been used to treat people with for many centuries,
Breathing purified air improves, rejuvenates and removes impurities from the body and boosts the immune system through the use of dry aerosol of salt micro particles and minerals. National sports teams in Eastern Europe and professional sports teams like Australia’s St. Kilda Football Club, the Saints, use salt therapy to obtain positive effects including increased recovery time between games. A salt cave in Bochnia, Poland has a speleotherapy unit with an underground sport-field and basketball court. There’s even a salt cave that specializes in Equine Salt Therapy for equine athletes, http://www.equinesalttherapy.com.
Athletes find out that optimal breathing pattern allows them to achieve better performance, using less of their air reserves to achieve outstanding results. When the body is working within its normal parameters it can sustain higher performance levels. It’s just the opposite when it isn’t operating within its optimal levels and athletes have less stamina and endurance. Athletes that compete in events that require high levels of stamina including long distance and cross country running, ironman events, wrestling etc… should consider integrating Halotherapy into their regular training routine.
- The Gazelle Supra weighs approximately 62 pounds and can support users who weigh up to 325 pounds. Its dimensions are 42.5” x 30” x 54”.
Using the Gazelle Supra
- After assembling the Gazelle Supra, users should place one foot onto each foot platform. Grab the left and right handlebars and push them back and forth, alternating between handlebars.
- There is a resistance pin in each of the Gazelle Supra’s handlebars. To add resistance, move the resistance pin into a slot closer to you.
- Change the position of your hands on the handlebars to increase or decrease the intensity of your workout. Grip the top of the bar for a challenging workout; grip the middle to lower the intensity.
- The Gazelle Supra folds to half its size for easy storage. Consult the user manual for instructions on how to safely fold and store your unit.
Contacting the Manufacturer
- Contact FitnessQuest at 1-800-321-9236 for warranty information, technical support and customer service. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST.