- Pop the hood and locate the belt routing diagram. This is typically either on a sticker under the hood or on the core support. Make sure you know where this is before you start taking off the belt.
- Locate the belt tensioner on the front of the engine, which is located on the passenger side. It has a square slot in the middle of it. Put the socket extension onto the breaker bar and place the extension into the square slot on the tensioner.
- Pull up on the breaker bar to release the tension from the belt. When it goes limp, slide it off of the pulleys on the engine and discard. Release the tension on the tensioner.
- Place the replacement belt around the crankshaft pulley at the very bottom middle of the engine, and start to route the belt according to the diagram you located in step 1. When the belt has no more play, pull up on the breaker bar and route the belt around the tensioner. Once the belt appears to be aligned correctly, release the breaker bar.
- Visually inspect the belt to make sure it is squarely in each pulley and it doesn’t appear to be out of alignment. Remove the breaker bar from the engine compartment and start the vehicle. Watch the belt and make sure it’s running straight. If not, stop the engine and readjust.
Basketball scorebooks allow you to keep a complete record of a game. Utilize them to keep statistics for your team, monitor game information for the coaching staff or serve the official scorer. Track field goals, free throws, personal fouls, technical fouls, timeouts and alternating possessions for held balls in these books.
Filling Out The Roster
- Start by putting in correct team information. List the players in numerical order, from the smallest number to the largest. Designate the starters by checking the appropriate box, if your scorebook has one. Make sure the information is listed accurately. Teams that give the official scorer an incorrect roster — or fill out the official scorebook incorrectly — can be penalized with technical free throws.
- Be very sure of foul calls before recording them. If you are an official scorer or you’re keeping the book on behalf of the coaching staff, ask officials for a clarification if you are not sure. The official NCAA Scorebook features the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 to the left of the player’s name and a box under each numbers. Draw a line through the 1 for the first foul, a line through the 2 for the second foul and so forth. Write the time of each foul under the number, if there is space for it. Chronicle team fouls one by one in the designated area, using the number of the player charged to denote the foul. If you are keeping the book on behalf of the coaching staff, your record-keeping will be vital if there is dispute on foul totals at some point in the game.
Recording Technical Fouls
- Learn the technical foul rules at your level of competition; in some cases a technical foul also counts as a personal foul. Record technical fouls in a separate area with a notation on the time, the type of technical foul and which individual received it — unless it was a bench technical on no one person.
Tracking Time Outs
- Tracking timeouts is another critical function if you’re keeping the scorebook for a team. Keep a count in the space allotted and add the time of the stoppage under the notation if you can. Differentiate between a regular timeout and a 20-second timeout, if there are such things at your level.
Documenting Individual Scoring
- For regular field goals, put down a 2 in the player’s column for that quarter or half. For 3-point field goals, put down a 3. For a free throw attempt, put down a 0. For a made free throw attempt, put a X inside that 0. For two-shot fouls, connect the 0s with a small “v” underneath them. For one-and-one foul calls, connect the 0s with an inverted “v” on top. If a player misses the front end of the one-and-one, you would put down a 0, attach the inverted “v” on top and leave the second spot blank — because the player did not get the second shot.
Providing Team Totals
- For the team totals, add up the number of regular field goals in each quarter or half and put down that number with (2) next to it in the total box. Add up the 3-point field goals and put (3) next to that number in the total box. In the free throw column, add up the makes and misses and put those numbers in the total box. Then add up the game totals in the total boxes underneath the individual player summaries.
Recording Running Score
- Keep a running score if your scorebook has an easy format for that. In the Official NCAA Scorebook, there are numbers 1 through 136 displayed for this purpose. If player makes a basket to give his team 16 points for the game, draw a line through the 16 and put the player’s number under that. Record the time of the basket as well, if you want that much detail.
- Although the Official NCAA Scorebook doesn’t include columns for missed field goals, assists, rebounds, blocked shots and steals, you can keep those statistics too. One simple way to track missed shots is to put down a 1, 2 or 3 for each free throw, field goal and three-point shot taken. Then circle the shots that are made.
- Beat him to the spot. Every post player is more effective the closer they are to the basket. The first key to playing post defense is to keep your man from posting up right under the basket. If you are positioned properly when he cuts to the block to post up you can beat him to the spot and keep him from getting good position.
- Stay centered. It is very important that you do not lean on one side or the other of the post player’s body. They are trained to feel where the defender is and then spin in the opposite direction.
- Maintain a good defensive stance. When you play post defense it is easy to stand up straighter than you should. Make sure you keep your knees bent and remain ready to move. You cannot put both hands on the post player’s back or you will be called for a foul. Keep one forearm on the post player’s back just above his rump. This will help you control his movement and keep him from backing you down. Keep your other hand up to challenge passes and obstruct his view.
- Keep your weight forward. Many post players rely on bumping into the post defender in order to get him off balance and clear space to get his shot off. If you stay up on your toes so you can move quickly and keep your weight forward. With your weight forward you will be better able to absorb the contact and stay close to the post player when he attempts his shot.
- Challenge the shot. The whole key of playing post defense is to make the post player take as bad a shot as possible and to make the shot as difficult as possible to convert. If you implement these steps to play post defense, you will be able to challenge his shot.
- Box out and get the rebound. Your job is not finished after the player you are guarding takes his shot. Box him out and make sure that if he misses he cannot get an offensive rebound. Once you or your teammate has the rebound, you have done your job.
- Turn the ignition to the “On” position. The SYNC system starts automatically.
- Press the “Phone” icon on the touch screen to access the phone menu.
- Select “System Settings” from the phone menu.
- Select “BT Device” from the settings menu.
- Touch “Add Device” and select “OK.” Press “OK” again when “Find Sync” appears in the display screen.
- Open the Bluetooth menu on the cellular device and enter it to “Discovery Mode.” A six-digit PIN will appear on the radio display when the phone is discovered.
- Enter the six-digit PIN into the phone when prompted. When the display on the Explorer Sport Trac says “Connected,” the two devices are paired and the cellular phone automatically syncs with the system.
Without the power from the alternator, your ignition system will have to depend on the battery for electrical power. If the alternator is not working, the battery will fail very quickly and the car will stop running. If you suspect that the alternator in your Montero Sport is not working properly, you can replace it or remove it and have it tested; most auto parts stores will test the alternator for you free of charge if you bring it in.
- Remove the negative battery cable from the battery with a wrench. Lay the cable aside and locate the alternator on the front of the engine.
- Remove the adjusting bolt at the top of the alternator with a wrench or socket and ratchet. Loosen the lower mounting bolt and push the alternator toward the engine to loosen the belt. Remove the belt from the alternator.
- Locate the wiring harness connections on the rear of the alternator. (There are two of them, a ring connector on the “B” terminal and a plug in connector.) Remove the ring connector, using a wrench, then unplug the second connector by pushing the locking tabs on the connector and pulling it free of the alternator.
- Remove the mounting bolts from the alternator with a socket and ratchet, then lift the alternator out of the engine compartment. Position the new alternator in place and install the lower mounting bolt. Leave the bolt loose.
- Install the upper adjusting bolt and leave it loose. Attach the two wiring harness connections on the rear of the alternator, then tighten the bolt on the ring connector with a wrench. Ensure that the second connector is secure.
- Slide the drive belt onto the alternator pulley and pull the alternator out away from the engine. Tighten the adjusting bolt with a wrench once the belt is tight. Tighten the lower mounting bolt with a socket and ratchet.
- Install the negative battery cable on the negative post of the battery and tighten the bolt with a wrench or socket and ratchet. Start the engine and verify that the belt is correctly running over the pulleys. Check to see that the alternator is charging as well.
Bingo is a game of probability in which players mark off numbers on cards as the numbers are drawn randomly by a caller, the winner being the first person to mark off all their numbers. Bingo became increasingly more popular across the UK with more purpose-built bingo halls opened every year until 2005. Since 2005, Bingo Halls have seen a marked decline in revenues and the closure of many halls. The number of bingo clubs in Britain has dropped from nearly 600 in 2005 to under 400 as of January, 2014. These closures are blamed on high taxes, the smoking ban, and the rise in on-line gambling, amongst other things.
The game is thought to have begun in Italy in the 16th century. Bingo is believed to have migrated to France, Great Britain, and other parts of Europe in the 18th century. Players mark off numbers on a ticket as they are randomly called out, in order to achieve a winning combination. Bingo originates from the Italian lottery, Il Gioco del Lotto d’Italia. From Italy, the game spread to France and was known as Le Lotto, played by the French aristocracy. Tombola was used in nineteenth-century Germany as an educational tool to teach children multiplication tables, spelling, and even history.
By adding more packs of cards it is possible to play the above game with more players and larger hands. I have seen a version played in the Doncaster Whist Club in England by about 60 people. There were four players and a pack of cards at each table, and these were dealt out, thirteen to each player, as for Whist. As in the basic game, the caller calls cards from a separate pack, and the first player whose 13 cards are all called claims a prize.
Bingo without Suits
This is the same as the basic game, except that the caller calls only the rank of the card – “eight”, “king”, etc., suits being ignored. When a rank is called, players turn down all the cards they hold of that rank. In this version it is possible for two players to win simultaneously. Either they share the prize or you could play that the prize goes to whoever is first to claim a win.
Bingo with Payment for Uncalled Cards
This variant, played in Canada, is described by Cheryle Kaus on the Bingo page of our site. Only one deck of cards is used and suits are ignored. The game is probably best for around 3 to 5 players. Before each deal, each player puts a stake into the pot. Five cards are then dealt face down to each player and ten face down to the middle of the table. Players look at their hands and if any player has four cards of the same rank, all the cards are shuffled and redealt.
The dealer turns the cards in the middle face up one at a time, and the players discard any cards they hold that match the rank of a face-up card in the middle. Players’ discards should be kept in front of them so that they can be checked. If the dealer turns up a card of a rank that has already appeared, further cards are turned up from the undealt portion of the deck until a card of a new rank is found (or until the deck runs out).
A player who manages to discard all his or her cards shouts bingo and wins. All players then place one more stake in the pot for each card that they have not discarded, and the winner collects the pot.
If no one wins, the dealer continues turning cards until ten different ranks have been turned up. Each player then pays one stake to the pot for each card they have not discarded, everyone adds another stake for the new deal, and the cards are shuffled and dealt again. Further hands are played until someone wins the pot.
At the end of each season, the NFL’s Competition Committee sits down to determine which rules changes will be put in place for the next season. It is important for all players and coaches to fully understand these rule changes because they often affect how the game is going to be played.
There are five rule changes for the upcoming 2015-16 NFL season. The first four are applicable to game action while the fifth one involves the placement of the ball on extra point attempts and two point-conversion attempts.
1. Protecting Intended Receivers Following an Interception – During a passing play, it has been illegal to hit a defenseless receiver in the neck or head area, or by using the crown or hairline parts of the helmet to initiate the contact. This existing rule has now been expanded to protect intended receivers if the ball has been intercepted or is in the process of being intercepted. That player is now deemed to still be defenseless while simply tracking the ball. A violation will result in a 15-yard penalty. The penalty will be enforced after the play and change of possession.
2. Peel Back Blocks Outside Tackle Box – In the past, it has been illegal for players lined up in the tackle box to initiate a “peel back” block (blocking below the waste from the side with the head to the side or back of the defender’s body). The rule is now expanded to include any offensive players no matter where they are lined up. Note: Legal “cut blocks” require the head be in front of the defender’s body. A violation will result in a 15-yard penalty enforced at the end of the play.
3. Eliminating All Chop Blocks – All chop blocks initiated by running backs on a running play will now be deemed illegal. A chop block involves hitting a defender in the lower portion of the body while engaged by another blocker up high. Note: All chop blocks on passing plays remain illegal. A violation will result in a 15-yard penalty enforced at the end of the play.
4. Pushing Players Into Line During Punts – In the past, it was deemed illegal to push a teammate into the line of scrimmage in an attempt to block a field goal or extra point. The rule has now been extended to include punts. A violation will result in a 15-yard penalty enforced at the end of the play.
5. Ball Placement During Extra Points and Two-Point Conversion – In an effort to make the extra point attempt more challenging, the ball will now be placed on the 15-yard line (formerly placed on the 2-yard line). This will effectively make the extra point attempt approximately 32 yards in distance. If the scoring team opts for a two point-conversion, the ball will be placed on the two-yard line. Should the defense block the kick, intercept a pass or recover a fumble during one of these two plays, the ball can be returned to the opposing end zone for two points.
This article was written by sports writer and enthusiast John Hawthorne. As a big fan of football John is always following the developments that take place around his favorite sports. John’s other work includes writing for www.simplythebetsus.com
You do not have to be good at football to play in a fantasy league. You can do everything from the comfort of your own home so long as you have an internet connection. There are millions of people across the world that play fantasy football, and it is growing each year.
Before the season begins, millions of people are planning and researching the best way to spend an imaginary 100 million on players. There are lots of dedicated sites to find out the best information along with YouTube to watch new signings play.
Fantasy football works by players picking a squad of 15 footballers online before the season starts. The team selected is made up of 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 strikers. Every week 11 footballers from the squad who the player feels will give them the highest points need to be selected. Points are given for clean sheets, assists, goals, etc.
Fantasy football players then compete in leagues with colleagues and friends for bragging rights and sometimes put free bets on the outcome.
The prizes available for the winner of weekly and the season winner are huge. It is this that keeps people keeping an eye on all the results and how their players are performing. Betting online with free bets on your team can make it very exciting. It can make you care about players and teams that you do not support. It is similar to using free bets sites as the only cost is the time you have spent putting your squad together and picking the team.
How To Pick The Best Fantasy Football Team
1.Only pick footballers that play every week.
There is no point in choosing a footballer that is only going to make the bench. If they do not play, they will not make you any points.
Choose to include footballers in your team that are playing in winnable games. Check out the odds at betting sites to help you to know who the favourite team is.
3. Spend your money wisely
There is no point spending every penny you have available on just one player. It is a squad game, so you need to pick quality footballers for all positions. The key to been successful at fantasy league soccer is by having 11 footballers in the pitch who will all deliver you points.
4. Don’t pick footballers simply because you like their personality
Make sure you pick players based on statistics and not just because they play for your team, or you like them. If a footballer is a new signing, view their stats from the league they have come from to make an informed decision.
5.Carry out research
If you want to compete at the top of the league for the title, it is important you carry out as much research as you can on each footballer before selecting them for your squad. Make sure you look into how many goals, assists, the man of the matches, clean sheets, etc. Once you have all the information available, you can choose the best performing players. Also, keep up to date with transfer news, line-ups along with what other players as doing. It can also help you make money by betting online with free bets using the research to help you pick a winner.
This article was written by sports journalist and author John Hawthorne. John has written several guides to fantasy football to betting online with free bets and other offers. To see his free online review visit www.freebets.com.au.
The five aside version of our Beautiful Game is quickly becoming the dominant variety in the UK. Already participation in the short sided sport has grown larger than that in the eleven aside game, with new teams and leagues popping up across the country every week. To find a league near you, visit www.5aside.org.
The sport is explosive, quick and exciting and often encourages a style of play once foreign to our shores. It’s a game of quick passing, nimble feet and acceleration rather than the long ball and chase that dominants our Sunday and Saturday leagues.
Despite our own minor delusions, every single one of us could be quicker, have a better first touch and find the bottom corner more often. Regardless of our fitness, ability or experience there are tweaks and adjustments we can make to our game to improve. Whilst every player is individual, and therefore has his or her individual strengths and weaknesses, there are certain things that we could all work on to up our game. Here are five of the best.
There are no two ways about it; getting fitter will make you a better five aside player. The ability to attack and track back for the entire game will give you that competitive edge right from kick off. You’ll be able to play harder, for longer and wear your opponents down.
Fortunately, just playing regularly will improve your fitness although if you really want to improve you’ll need to do some training of your own. Forget long jogs or traditional ‘cardio’ sessions and opt for high intensity sprint sessions that last no longer than 20 or so minutes, and throw in some weight training to ensure you’re the strongest on the park.
Being first the ball, having the ability to go past a man and having the pace to catch up with defenders who have run past you will all make you a superior five aside player. Sadly, not all of us are gifted with lightening pace although the good news is, we are all capable of improving. Sprint training, squats and quick feet drills are all sure fire ways to increase your pace. Throw them into the end of your gym sessions and you’ll begin to see results on the pitch.
The first thing many of us notice when we play football for the first time in a while is how much our first touch has deteriorated. But there’s no need for your second touch to be a tackle and no reason the ball shouldn’t stick to you like glue. With a reduced playing area and players closing you down in a flash, it is imperative to master this aspect of your game. Here’s how.
Practice is obviously very important; something you can do with a friend or as a team in the warm-ups and training sessions. Practice using both your right and left foot, practice turning and practice one touch, two touch and three touch plays.
Be confident on the ball, take a positive first touch, keep your head up and decide what to do with the ball as it is travelling to you, not once you have it. Keep plugging away with the practice sessions and once it comes to you, your first touch will one of your most valuable assets.
In five aside, the most attacking player is your first line of defense. There is nowhere to hide and no way you should be shirking defensive responsibilities. This means closing men down quickly, but holding your ground rather than jumping into tackles. Stop passes and shots wherever possible and hassle opponents off the ball. Being aggressive and positive, whilst remaining on your feet, is an essential part of wearing down an opponent.
Communication is also imperative in five aside. If you are attacking from a defensive position you need to let a teammate know to drop in and hold whilst you are gone. Telling teammates which man you are marking is also essential to make sure no-one wriggles free and gets a chance on goal.
Finally, and (almost) everyone’s favourite part of five aside, is scoring goals. The beauty of such a small pitch and so few players is that everyone gets frequent opportunity to strike the ball, even defenders. Whilst defenders might think this is great, it often leads to shots blazed over the cross bar or sliced out of play for a throw-in. If that sounds like you, practice your finishing!
The key in five aside is to keep shots drilled low and hard, away from where the keeper can comfortably reach. Get your head over the ball and strike through it with your laces.
Motorsports fans make up a specialised segment of the population. These fans have a special interest in motorsports such as NASCAR and usually feel a strong camaraderie with other racing fans. Racing fans love to talk about, and post messages about, their favourite sport and look forward to being around other fans, even if it is only through online media outlets. Racing fans today often feel like they are part of a family, and as with any family, part of that includes communicating with one another via online social media sites.
Social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and even YouTube offer racing fans a fun and reliable way to stay in touch with other fans, from across the country and even worldwide. Racing fans today include both men and women, and people from all socioeconomic groups. Everyone, it seems, is a racing fan today.
Why Use Social Media Outlets?
In addition to outlets such as Facebook and Twitter, there are newer sites that have devoted themselves to keeping race fans together. formulr.tv combines ways to post photographs of favourite racers, post messages about races attended, and even ask questions of other fans regarding both races and the people inside the race cars. Keeping in touch with other racing fans isn’t only fun, it is a way to feel like you are a part of a special group that is close-knit due to a unique and often complex area of interest.
Social media outlets are most often free to post to when you have an online account, which is also free. By logging onto the computer and clicking on a few buttons, you can soon have an online account that allows you to post things to the website and stay connected with other fans. Pictures, posts, and even videos are found on these sites, and since it’s the Internet, it’s a way for you to connect with fans from anywhere in the world.
Finding the Perfect Social Media Outlets
Today, any racing fan can log onto search engines such as Bing and Google to find social media sites that have specific pages for fans of their sport. Most social media outlets will allow the user to post both messages and photographs to their sites. If you’ve recently seen your favourite driver in a race, or wish to discuss the details of a specific race, social media outlets are the way to go. There is nothing quite like logging onto a site that you know is filled with people just like you. It creates a special bond between you and the other users who share your interest, or fanaticism!
Using social media outlets to connect and share with other racing fans is a unique experience. Racing can be the common thread that brings people together and enhances their lives in a way that non-fans cannot often fathom. It is a special way for people to share their most special memories.
Undoubtedly, one of the most important attributes any good sports coach can possess is the gift of communication. Without regular clear and concise communication between team and coach, it is likely that confusion will reign, results will suffer and team morale will be adversely affected. For instance, no amount of physical practice of field hockey drills will be truly effective without clear guidance and communication running concurrently alongside.
Regularly Assessing Communication Skills
A good sports coach should review their own communication skills on a frequent basis. Often, it is best for an impartial observer to watch a training session and make notes in relation to how the coach communicated with the players. A number of questions should be asked within the observer’s notes. Did the coach clearly explain what was expected of each player during the training session? How well was each drill explained? Were standards for measuring success or failure clearly defined? Do the players seem to show a healthy respect for the coach?
Respect between coach and players is a crucial bridge to cross on the road to success in team sports. One of the best ways for a coach to earn respect from their players is to communicate effectively. People are far more likely to build up a healthy respect for someone who can put their points across in a clear and concise manner, where no room is left for misinterpretation. This holds true for all aspects of coaching, from introducing new drills to letting someone know that they have not made the final team.
That last point shows the value of coach honesty. There is no value whatsoever in cutting someone from the team without explaining exactly why the decision has been made. Although the player may not be happy, at least by fully explaining the reasons behind the action, they will be able to understand why it needed to be done. From having the tough conversation of team selection to introducing the new field hockey drill video through sportplan or other companies, communication is everything. More information of good communication within sports coaching can be found at UK Sport and also the website of leading charity Sports Coach UK..
Good communication and healthy respect often go hand in hand together and can lead to a great deal of success within team sports.
Skeptics say golf boots or golf shoes are a pointless extra designed not to support you play greater, but to produce you invest further from the pro shop. A pair of everyday athletic shoes and boots, they argue, can complete the task just too.
There’s no question golfers will drop a fairly penny on a pair of high-end sneakers. Most main brands offer a minimum of one model fetching $200 or further; a super swanky pair, decked out in calfskin combined with full-grain leather, can price upward of $450.
What is this, Sex plus the City? Not certainly. Decent sneakers can go as low as $60-75, as well as $150 will net you a cool pair, indeed. The price tag begs a legitimate query, in spite of this: Are the benefits touted by golf shoe organizations certainly worth the cash outlay? Or can a golfer receive that by wearing his favorite pair of sneakers?
Let’s settle the argument conducted by pitting golf sneakers against standard-issue running, tennis or other athletic boots or shoes, point by point. May possibly the very best fit win:
Golf sneakers get come a extended, long way in this department, primarily just by integrating athletic-shoe features into their designs. Still, some sneakers can get a few rounds to break in. Athletic shoes commonly get softer uppers as well as further flexible soles, creating them practically invincible with the comfort category.
Style & variety
Another area in which golf shoes or boots get made main, um, strides. Time was, golf shoes uniformly followed saddle-oxford convention, complete with hideous tassels. Fortunately, those days are but a crappy memory.
Again, many of today’s golf boots or shoes mimic athletic-shoe styling, to the point that they’re nearly indistinguishable. But golfers can choose by a multitude of designs, by old classic oxfords (sans tassels) to kicks that might produce a skateboarder envious. Colors, designs combined with fabric combinations are equally vast.. Athletic shoes, on the other hand, quite much look the same as athletic shoes.
Traction & stability
Well, this is a no-brainer. Running boots and shoes grip well enough on dry turf, but they’re no match for spike-bottomed sneakers as soon as grass is wet. Regardless of conditions, footwear provides a amount of faith that is paramount in creating a superior swing.
The invention along with popularity of so-called “soft spikes” was a blessing to course superintendents everywhere. Plastic cleats, now required at generally every course, cause much less damage to greens combined with clubhouse floors than their metal forerunners. Nonetheless, athletic shoes’ spike-free soles are utterly ouch less to treasured turf.
Expense Prices for good golf together with athletic shoes and boots are similar. But, since athletic shoes or boots can be worn off the course, a golfer can in theory skip footwear expenditures altogether simply pulling double-duty together with his tennis togs.
Once you want to play the same as a real golfer, you ought to look the same as a real golfer. Coupled with sporting a pair of sneakers that belong at the track or court won’t aid matters.
Toddlers need an outdoor toy that can help them develop loco-motor aptitude, as well as one that challenges their cognitive skills. The Step2 All Star Sports Climber is a durable kiddie outdoor gym set which aims to meet both of these challenges, and then some. It provides several activities in one set up for kids aged twenty-four months to eight years.
This product from Step2 currently ranks eighth in the outdoor play department at Amazon. It encourages small children to run, play, climb, kick, and pass in a series of specially designed sports-like playtime facilities. It is durable and built to last for years.
Cool Climber Features:
Toddlers can learn to climb using the Step2 All Star Sports Climber’s fun rock wall. It is attached to a slide so they can go down and then climb up again for hours of active playtime.
A Basketball Hoop with Scoreboard:
Even small children can learn the fundamentals of the numbers system with a scoreboard that is attached to this outdoor gym. You can teach them how to keep score whenever they successfully shoot the basketball through the hoop.
Comes With a Miniature Soccer Ball, Basketball, and Football:
True to its name, this Step2 activity center is all-sports, as evidenced by the three inflatable balls that come with it. There is a toddler-sized basketball to shoot into the attached hoop, plus a soccer ball and a football.
Perfect Size for Toddlers:
The Step2 All Star Sports Climber measures 30 by 63 by 43 inches which is in keeping with toddlers’ average height. One satisfied parent describes it thusly, “Perfect for my 3 year old and 1 1/2 year old…It is tall enough so my tall 3 year can actually slide.”
Can Be Placed Indoors or Outdoors:
Though it is to all intents and purposes an outdoor gym, the All Star Sports Climber can also be kept indoors especially during wintertime. Below is a humorous excerpt from a customer-written review at Amazon about it, “Set this up shortly after receiving it for Xmas and came home to my husband playing soccer with my 3 sons in the dining room! Overall happy to see them having a good lighthearted time. Winter will be tough because the little ones are so little. This will enable a little more action and adventure inside and keep the 18 month old from attempting to slide down the arms of furniture.”
May Prove Too Small for Kids Above Two Years Old:
One critical review at Amazon regarding the Step2 All Star Sports Climber is how the buyer’s daughters, who are two going on three, already seem to be getting too big for the gym. She relates her experience with the following quote, “We bought this for our twin girls. They are 2 years old, soon to be 3, and as soon as they sit down on the slide their feet are only about 6 inches from the bottom of the slide. So they end up sliding only a few inches before their feet stop them.”
Balls Require Inflating with a Bike Pump:
Several buyers raised the issue of having to inflate the soccer ball, basketball, and football using a bike pump. Not all homes have this, unfortunately, as one customer pointed out, “My only issue is that the balls have to be inflated with a bicycle pump, which I do not own, so we haven’t inflated them yet.”
More than just being an outdoor plastic slide, the Step2 All Star Sports Climber is a fun tool to help toddlers be active in a safe and educational way whether it is indoors or outdoors. This colorful all-in-one gym currently enjoys 4.5 stars out of a 5-star rating scheme at Amazon, and the way buyers rave about it underlines what a keeper of a toy it is.
With the approaching of Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, more and more Chinese customers attend in various of sports, athletic sports gradually become one of the parts which can’t lack of in common people’s life, sport shoes market will be more and more larger. Besides townsman’s professional demand to sport shoes is advancing, even routine sports items just like canter, customers who in top cities begin already showing their professional requirement. country denizen’s consumption to middle and low traveling sport shoes will gradually form new requirements.
1.Current Condition of Chinese sport shoes market
China is one of the biggest sport shoes production bases in the world, most international famous sport shoes brand had been settled down in China. Perfect shoes production chain, favorable production organization ability, lower labour force cost and skillful mechanic, all of above conditions have great temptation to every merchant. At the present time, the more alluring condition is huge Chinese market which will front for 2008 Olympic Games. Mature Adidas, athletic Nike, fashion LiNing, these are famous sport shoes brand visualize in China. In Chinese customers’ eyes Adidas’s visualize is a mature man, Nike is a young athlete, Nike have more market quotient than Adidas in China inland, and most customers think that LiNing brand’s visualize prolocutor is still LiNing. Comparing to visualize extending of these brands, Nike prefer athletes, he adopt pyramid visualize extending stratagem, it means from tower tip top athlete to nation team, and to NBA league matches province team, till make up common callan basketball activities, involve four grade basic in the whole sport things market. The quantity of top athletes is least, but they have strong radiant strength. Nike company’s brand visualize extending is more successful and without doubt, so Nike shoes is most popular in China, for example, Nike’s classical style jordan shoes,nike shoes,nike dunks, air force ones is especially popular for callan.
2.The influence of Beijing 2008 Olympic Games to enterprise market mode
With the approaching of Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, more and more Chinese customers attend in various of sports, and the professional demand to athletics equip is advancing. Even routine sports items just like canter, customers who in top cities begin already showing their professional requirement. It can be seem from the future developing current, sport shoes market will be more fractionized, and fractionize not only involve new empolder market which brand concentrate comparatively rather low, but also involve original professional market, for example training sport shoes, with more fractionizing in service crowd, the blank of top professional product will be filled up. Chinese homemade sport shoes should stand in the base of serving for the masses customers and then develop professional products in various sports items, it will bring durative income accompany with boosting up customers’ professional incline. At the same time, with market competing more impetuosity, whether Chinese homemade sport shoes enterprises can hold the process of market fractionize, possess of more professional products following, and produce classical style sport shoes just like Nike’s jordan shoes,nike shoes,nike dunks, air force ones, it’s the key for them to finally compete with international brand as Nike,Adidas. Internationalization course take more challenge to Chinese domestic enterprises, Internationalization is not as simple as export some merchandise, or set up several monopolization shops in overseas, but need enterprise store up from Internationalization team to a good many aspects.
3.The influence of Beijing 2008 Olympic Games to science and technology content of sport shoes product
Some of domestic sport shoes enterprise has come out from product configuration is not reasonable, and make a great change in “regard produce, ignore research”, really lead “innovate science and technology” to products. For example, “Hongxingerke” first detrusion “GDS decrease exhibit system”, “four function system” etc. “GDS decrease exhibit system” as “Hongxingerke” personal research function system, it’s capability absolutely compare beauty to international brand like Nike,Adidas. In addition, a company have to mention, that is anta who again use his practical activity to validate “innovate science and technology must be the vane to lead industry development”. anta cooperated with China leather and shoemaking industry academe set up “China shoemaking industry academe gym shoes technology research center”, aim at recuring to academe’s authoritative mighty technology flat roof, improve sport shoes measure level, and do some contribution to China shoemaking industry development, then can make out more and more scientific research production. Nowadays the current of product with the same quality is more and more serious, who can keep ahead of technology and make out larruping and suitable product for customers, who will be favorite. Besides, sport shoes manufactures need improve professional capability, at the same time enclose with athletic sports requirement, via reduce cost to supply bargain sport shoes product for person.
The Placepot is likely without doubt the finest value bet in betting. To win the Placepot you need to pick a horse to be placed in each one of the first six races at a horse race meeting. This is largely a Fun bet so do not go sticking wads on it, nor expect a load of winners, but when it does win you can be paid out #100s!!! This horse racing system ought to point you in the correct direction.
The Placepot Horse Racing System Method:
Firstly, we have got to choose which meeting to employ each day. It is better to stay to just a single meeting for each day. If there is a abundance of meetings then it is as a rule better not to use the main meeting of the day as this pretty frequently includes races with huge, competitive fields, and it makes our work of discovering horses to place more problematical. Conversely, the lowest grade meeting of the day, particularly in the flat season, in addition has its issues. The horses here are frequently ridden by the poorest standard of jockeys that makes research grueling. So when presented with a diversity of meetings select the second biggest meeting of the day to work on. If you are uncertain which one this is, then add all together the prize values of every race at every meeting. The one with the second highest value will be the one to take advantage of.
Having selected our meeting, we now need to build our selections using the horse racing system for qualifiers.
To win the Placepot we are going to use what is termed a Placepot perm. This allows us to select more than a single horse in every race. Most bookies now supply Placepot perm slips that make entering easier, but you can additionally do them online these days.
To win the pot we need to decide on a placed horse in every race. Obviously if we had covered say, three racehorses in each race then our odds are greatly enhanced. Unfortunately it’s not that straightforward! The more racehorses we pick in each horse race, the more expensive our stake. To cover three in every of the six races would require 729 bets, IE. 729 times the minimum stake at 0.10p a line!! #72.90 Ouch!!
The perm we exercise in this plan uses just 36 lines, at 10p unit stake the bet costs simply #3.60. It consists of a single selection in two of the races, two qualifiers in another two races, and three qualifiers in the remaining two races. 1 x 1 x 2 x 2 x 3 x 3 = 36 bets in total.
Now to select our qualifiers for the perm. If you are an experienced form student you may add your own know-how to the selection process, but at this juncture we are going to base our qualifiers on SP forecasts. Using the morning betting forecasts is a very dependable selection method to employ with this system.
Here’s what to do:
– Look at the SP forecast prices for the six horse races concerned. Look for the two races with the shortest priced favourites. These will be the most dependable favourites of the day, and even if they do not win, they ought to place. These perform as our single entries in the perm. – Select the two races with the largest fields, they are typically big handicap races, and are constantly the hardest to pick winners in. Take the first three racehorses in the betting forecast in every one of these races, they will be our three qualifiers in the perm. – Obviously in the outstanding two races, we use the first two in the betting forecast as our two qualifiers in the perm.
We now have all the elements for our perm. Don’t be fooled into thinking that since the selection method is fast and simple, it is useless. If you use it on a daily basis you ought to win the Placepot a few times a month. What it pays though depends on how many others share the pool.
One final note with reference to which paper to use. I suggest using the Racing Post as their SP. Forecasts tend to be more accurate, but whichever you use, keep to the same one every day.
Good luck with this Placepot horse racing system.
The Quest For The Ultimate Athletes Workout Routine
When I want to improve my golf game and I want a workout routine that is specific to the sport of golf, why can’t I find any? The Internet is completely inundated with general workout plans and body building workouts, but finding an excellent workout plan that you can trust for each of the different sports is more than difficult, it’s almost impossible! It’s amazing to me, but in today’s health conscience society, in a health industry full of specialists, why is physical fitness training still back in the stone age? Why is it so hard to find workout programs designed for each individual sport? If you have a bad back you don’t go to a general M.D., you go see an orthopedic doctor. If you have an impacted wisdom tooth you don’t go to a general dentist, you see an oral surgeon. If you suddenly develop double vision you don’t go to your local eye glass store, you see an ophthalmologist.
Workout Plans And Programs For Different Sports
Workouts need to be tailored to fit each sport differently because not all sports require the same muscle groups to be strengthened the same. Workouts should be divided into types depending on their tasks in that way workouts can properly focus on speed, technique, strength and endurance. I understand that professional and college sports teams have workout routines designed for their athletes, but I’m talking about the aspiring athlete. Where does he find a workout plan specific to the sport he is interested in. Where are baseball player workouts? Where are football player workouts? Where are hockey player workouts or basketball player workouts? Workouts for these and other different athletic sports are not general fitness or bodybuilding workouts. Although they may incorporate general and bodybuilding workouts. Workouts for these sports reflect the rigorous and physically demanding aspects of each specific sport.
A List Of Workout Routines For Popular Sports
Golfers Workouts- A good golfers workout program will help you to hit the ball harder and straighter! If you want to crush your drive straight down the fairway and have accurate stronger shots then you need a golf workout routine that is devoted half to improving flexibility and half to strength training. The best golf workouts will focus on developing the body’s strength and stamina, golfing posture, the rotational flexibility, range of motion and ability to turn smoothly. Areas to focus on include the important forearm muscles, core strength /stability and flexibility exercises. The core exercises work the muscles of the abdominals, back and hips. So, if you are ready to increase your golf swing speed and distance then join a good golf workout program.
Baseball Player Workouts- Your baseball specific workout routines will have you hitting harder, running faster and swinging quicker. Just having good baseball skills is no longer enough. Today’s baseball players are getting bigger and stronger – and you need a solid strength and conditioning program just to keep up! If you want to compete at the next level, you need the total workout package: strength, power, speed, and coordination.
Basketball Players Workouts- You will need an overpowering combination of strength, agility, quickness, conditioning and power. Your workout routines need to get you jumping higher, cutting faster and overpowering your opponents. If you’re not at top condition, you will get out played by your opponent.
Golden Glove Boxing Workouts- If you want to join the ranks of the top-ranked boxers in the world, you are going to need a serious training program. Your workout routines need to build blinding speed, explosive punching power and endless endurance. You’ll need a lethal combination of devastating hand speed, bone-crushing power, blinding foot speed and endless stamina. Hand speed, strength training, quickness and endurance workouts are what is needed.
100 Meters Sprinters Workouts- If you want to explode out of the blocks and blaze to the finish line than you will need to do 100 meter sprinters workouts! There’s a reason why the winner of the Olympic 100 Meter Dash is always called “The World’s Fastest Human” It’s a race of 100% pure speed. Just you, the starting blocks, and a finish line. And if you want to continue to improve your personal best, you need to do the right strength workouts. Just sprinting on the track is not enough. Elite college and Olympic-level sprinters have full time strength coaches creating strength workouts for them. Workouts to transform them into powerful explosive sprinters (and it’s NOT doing time-wasting exercises like bicep curls!)
Ice Hockey Player Workouts- Your workout routines should consist of off-ice strength and conditioning programs just for hockey players. That means a workout plan consisting of strength training, plyo-metrics plus speed and agility drills. As a result you will get benefits of lightning speed and bone crushing strength to name a few.
Soccer Players Workouts- Your workout routines need a combination of lightning quick agility, incredible leg strength, blinding speed, massive power and never ending endurance. Serious soccer players who want to take their game to the next level need to workout on strength training, plyo-metrics and lightning fast foot speed.
Tennis Players Workouts- Tennis is a game of strength, speed, agility and power. Your workout routines should produce a unique combination of super endurance, explosive serving power, crushing ground strokes, blinding quickness, and finesse. Serious tennis players who want to become champions should workout on their strength training along with quickness, power and agility workouts.
Lacrosse Workouts- Lacrosse workouts requires lacrosse-specific strength and conditioning programs. Do you love to play lacrosse? If you’re serious about your lax game and are ready to take it to the next level – you need to train like the pros. You need knock out power, jaw-dropping strength, jackrabbit speed and agility plus never ending endurance. To keep up with the competition you need a strength and conditioning program that delivers results. That means strength training, plyometrics, and speed/agility drills.
This is only a partial list of the different workout plans for athletes.
General Workout Routines Aren’t Always Enough
Although I’m a young 49, I consider myself to be physically fit with part of my general workout routine consists of a great deal of walking. When I went bike riding with my grandson the other day it completely changed my mind of what my total fitness was. About ten minutes into our ride my leg muscles began to burn fiercely and it wasn’t much longer until I had to stop and rest. Although part of my general workouts consisted of a lot of walking which worked some of my leg muscles, it didn’t workout the muscle groups that were needed for bike riding. I guess Lance Armstrong’s Tour De France record is safe for now. If I were an amateur cyclist interested in turning pro, where would I find a good cycling workout plan?
Every Athlete Should Have Tailored Workout Routines
No matter what physical shape you are in or what bodily conditions you are working with, your workout plan needs to have exercise routines tailored for you. Once you find an excellent workout plan for your sport that you feel you can trust, you then have to hope that the workout routines are good for all levels of fitness whether you are at a basic, intermediate or advanced level. What good is your workout plan if all it has are workout routines designed for advanced level athletes. It shouldn’t matter if the only exercise you get is running to the fridge before the game starts, or if you’ve been training for years, you want a workout program for each level of fitness. Hopefully, the workout programs are designed for athletes by coaches that know about something about making high quality workouts for different levels of expertise. Lets face it, if you can’t perform the workout routines then you aren’t going to do them. The people who see the best results from their workouts are often the people who enjoy their workouts the most. Probably the best way to get results is by joining a workout website with a members’ forum which provides a great area for social networking, where you can meet other athletes and sports trainers, exchange tips and find training buddies to workout with.
Be Wary The Workout Plan That Does Everything
Be extra wary of the workout plan that claims they will make all athletes better at every sport. It can’t happen! As I’ve already shown you, every different sport requires strength, speed, agility and endurance from different muscle groups. Therefore, no single workout plan is going to allow you to excel at every sport. I have reviewed literally hundreds of websites in search of the best one to meet the criteria that I previously mentioned in this article. You know how many I found? “46” That’s right! 46 fantastic workout programs for athletes. 46 superb websites that are all part of a network. A network of 46 workout sites created by the world’s elite fitness experts, and it’s growing weekly!
The Specialized Fitness Workout Plans Is Here!
Each site is devoted to a different sport or part of the body or piece of fitness equipment. That is “46 Workout Plans” with over “10,000 Workout Routines” designed by some of the worlds foremost experts in the field of fitness and personal training. Just pick the workout routine you want and it pops right up. You can either view it online or print it out in print ready format. All of the workout routines are broken down into weekly scheduled exercises which include how many sets of exercises for each workout and how much rest between exercises you should take. Plus, each workout routine shows you animated exercises making sure you are using the correct form. I can’t stress it to you enough just how important it is for you to use the correct form while working out. For each workout routine you get a complete description of each exercise. Now for the best part. For just a small membership fee you not only become a member of the site you joined but, you become a member of each and every workout program in the network plus all the new workout programs that are added to the network in the future. Your membership includes free access to the exclusive members-only forums which are visited daily by the world’s best fitness experts and coaches who are standing by ready to answer all your fitness and workout questions. Whether you have a specific training question for our experts, are looking for a workout partner, or just want to meet kindred spirits, I have no doubt that you will feel right at home. If you want more information on the network of specialized workout programs visit The Health Nut. There are even specialized workouts for pregnant women. As always, before you engage in any sport or workout routine you should check with your doctor to make sure it is safe for you.
The Nike Heritage
Famous for its sneakers, NIKE (pronounced NI-KEY is the twentieth century footwear that lifts the best Athletic Footwear in the world to new levels of outstanding ability and achievement. But Nike shoes are not just for the sport of today’s fashion and hip crowds like the styles of design and comfort of these sneakers offer.
The origins of this giant of the world’s life began as a small distribution of clothes in the trunk of Phil Knight. From these beginnings rather unfavorable, Chevalier of the idea has grown to become the sports shoe and society that defines many aspects of popular culture and myriad varieties of “hip”. Nike is really a success quite trained very modest beginnings. Let’s look at this popular brand and see why it became what it is today. Let’s start with the Swoosh logo that has become synonymous with the company.
The Swoosh logo is just Nike and design was created by a lady student Caroline Davidson back in 1971. It represents the wing of the Greek goddess Nike, hence the name. Caroline Davidson was a student at Portland State University where she met Phil Knight. She was studying advertising when he was teaching accounting courses. They met when she started doing some freelance work for his young company.
The company has gone from strength to strength since and now enjoys an international reputation for the production of sports shoes high quality and other sports products. In fact, the most sought after baseball footwear is now a pair of Nike air baseball cleats, but the image of the dress Nike dedicated fan from head to toe in its products. Nike also has a wonderful range of sports bags quality and like all creations of the range is always changing.
Companies are not only become brand names during the night, they have to win, and even then, they must strive to change over time to maintain their market position. As regards the products of Nike, you can be sure that you get an excellent product of a sport that you can trust. They even have a line of golf bags and hats, as they have now known for the quality sportswear and sports not only sport shoes that started it all.
But all other products aside for me are the Nike shoes that I just love the best. This company design and method of creating running shoes and all other types of sports footwear very seriously, and people only know that when they buy Nike Mens Athletic Footwear that they get great value for money, high quality, comfort and the best protection for their feet.
As bathing suit weather quickly approaches, many have asked for a program on how to lose inches off your waist and get ripped fast. The following program covers key principles that will help you lose body fat, build muscle and increase your metabolism. Try it for 30 days, be vigilant in your pursuit and enjoy your body’s transformation.
1. Make A Goal
Make a goal that will challenge and motivate you. For example, I want to lose 12 lbs in 30 days or I want to lose two inches off my waist in 30 days or I want to lose my muffin top in 30 days.
2. Keep a Fitness Journal
Keeping a fitness journal provides many benefits including, but not limited to, the following: brings awareness to what you eat; helps curb compulsive eating; allows you to monitor your training activity and progress; emphasizes your commitment to health; serves as a medical record; and, helps you stay motivated, break old habits and form new ones.
Recommended journal entries:
Writing down your goal will reinforce and serve as a constant reminder of the task at hand.
TAKE A BEFORE PHOTO
Take a picture that accurately depicts your current physical condition. Reality! Put one in your journal and one on the refrigerator as reminders.
RECORD BODY WEIGHT AND MEASUREMENTS
Enter your weight and the circumference of the widest part of your arms, legs, waist, hips, back/chest and neck. Determine your body fat with a body fat caliper. For consistency purposes, use the same measuring devices from start to finish and measure the same areas of your body. Record your starting measurements and weekly follow-ups.
For weight training, record each workout including the exercise, set, reps, weight, start and stop time. For cardio/aerobic exercise, monitor the type of exercise, the intensity level and the length of exercise.
Record your caloric intake. If you are too busy to write everything down, then record one thing – your sugar consumption. It is that important! Calorie counters (many of which are found free on the internet) are great tools to help you monitor your caloric intake and nutritional choices.
3. Don’t Diet – Follow Nutritional Guidelines
When it comes to losing weight and keeping it off, a healthy eating plan trumps dieting every time. Why? Because nutritious eating is a lifestyle change whereas dieting is short-lived. The goal is to lose body fat in a quick and healthy manner. Adopt the following the best you can.
Drink as much as you can – keep your urine clear. Every morning drink 12 – 16 oz water, with juice from half a lemon and enough cayenne pepper to feel the heat (1/2 tsp.). This will jump start your digestive system and boost your metabolism.
Eat within an hour of waking – it is your most important meal of the day! An example of a well-balanced breakfast would include three eggs, ½ grapefruit and an 8 oz. glass of low fat milk.
EAT BALANCED MEALS
Eat three balanced meals and a minimum of three snacks per day.
* Meals – include Protein, Carbohydrates and Fat in every meal. Try the following daily amounts to maximize fat loss: Protein – eat the weight of your lean body mass converted to grams of protein (for example, if your lean body mass is 150 lbs, eat 150 grams protein); Carbohydrates and Fat – keep your consumption of each between thirty and forty percent of the total meal.
* Snacks – keep the same ratio of protein, carbohydrates and fats as discussed above (this ratio does not pertain to the protein shakes/snacks mentioned below). Try to keep the snack’s calorie count at approximately 200 (if you like protein bars, chose bars with as little sugar as possible).
DRINK A PROTEIN SHAKE AFTER YOUR WORKOUT
Drink a low carb protein shake within an hour after your weight training and/or cardio workout. Your body needs to be replenished with the nutrients it burned during exercise so that it can build muscle and maintain an increased metabolism. Each shake should include between 22 and 45 grams of protein. Chose a protein powder that contains Whey and Casein proten (not soy protein) and a low carbohydrate/sugar content (under 5 grams per serving).
EAT A LIGHT SNACK BEFORE BED
Eat a light snack (a cup of cottage cheese, low carb protein bar or a low carb protein shake) before bed to keep your metabolism running high during sleep.
THE “EVEN LATER” LATE NIGHT SNACK
If you want to take full advantage or your metabolism, drink a protein shake approximately 3 hours after you first fall asleep. Drastic? Yes, but works!
Limit your sugar intake as much as possible. Determine the sugar content of everything you eat by reading the Nutrition Facts label. Avoid foods with sugar content higher than 5-10 grams/serving.
NO BREADS OR STARCHY VEGETABLES
Don’t eat breads, crackers, tortillas, chips, rice, potatoes, etc. Compensate by eating lots of greens.
NO ALCOHOL OR SODA (INCLUDING DIET SODA)
For a reward or a little stress relief, one glass or red wine with dinner is ok.
TAKE VITAMINS AND SUPPLEMENTS
Consider the following: multi-vitamin; fiber; fish oil; green tea; probiotics; and, garlic. Only take the recommended daily dosage and remember most nutrients will come from the foods you eat. Many protein powders contain added vitamins, minerals and amino acids as well.
4. Workout Daily
Daily exercise is required to build/tone muscle, boost your metabolism and burn calories that stem from fat. Incorporate the following exercises into your routine for maximum results.
Lift weights 3x/week with at least one day’s rest between workouts (train Monday, Wednesday, Friday, for example). Try to keep your workouts within an hour and pick a training program that focuses on full body workouts for each training session.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Upon completing your weight training session, rest a couple of minutes and do a short high intensity workout. Some examples of this include the following:
* Sprints – sprint 30 seconds, rest 30 seconds and repeat and additional 9 times
* Jump rope – continuously for fifteen minutes, increase the repetitions on each subsequent workout
* Countdowns – pick two exercises (dumbbell swings and squat thrusts, for example) and, with no rest, do 10 reps of the first exercise, 10 reps of the second, 9 reps of the first, 9 reps of the second, and continue down to zero
* 100 squat thrusts – try to beat your best time on each subsequent workout
Do cardio/aerobics on days you are not weight training. Any type of cardio/aerobic exercise is fine – power walk, treadmill, elliptical, stair master, rowing, etc. Start with 40 minutes cardio on the first day and increase each subsequent workout by five minutes.
IMPORTANT TIP: For maximum fat loss, keep your heart rate in the Low Intensity Zone (65 -70% of your maximum heart rate) for the entire cardio session. Use a heart rate monitor – they will help you stay in the low intensity zone for more extended periods of time.
This program on how to lose inches off your waist and get ripped for summer works! Commit to your goal, stay focused on the task at hand and envision your body’s transformation.
“The most important key to achieving great success is to decide upon your goal and launch, get started, take action, move.” – John Wooden, Hall of Fame Basketball Player and Coach.
Everyone has wondered at some point in time which cardio exercise is much better. To put it in simple conditions, both low and high intensity physical exercises will help you to burn off fats. The question here is which is the very best to burn off more body body fat.
When scientists first discovered qvnpln2-d this during intensive exercises, your body can burn glycogen, which is a form of stored carbohydrates that happen to be stored in your liver and muscular tissues for energy. During low intensity physical exercises, your body will burn a many fat.
If your wondering whether and also not it works, the answer is no because you will discover so many obese people still around. Even though they are working released with low intensity routines, it even now makes you wonder how it could be.
The scientists were right when these people said the human body burns more excess fat during low intensity exercises like running or swimming. During a high intensity exercise like running, the body will burn additional calories. Even if some of the particular calories burnt are from glycogen, you will discover still many fat calories burned at the same time.
To put the icing on this cake, when your store of glycogen receives low, the carbohydrates from your food you eat will later get converted into glycogen to fill up the store and won’t be converted to body fat when they’re left unused for energy.
High depth cardio exercise will juice up your current metabolism even after you have concluded your workout. What this means, is that your body will continue to burn body fat hours once you’ve left the gym. This effect will be nearly non existent in low intensity cardio or aerobic workout.
Accumulatively, your body will burn up more and more calories during and once you’ve finished a high intensity cardio exercise who’s will with low intensity.
You might inject high intensity exercises into your cardio workout by introducing some interval training. You can walk for a few minutes or so, then break straight into some jogging for another 5 minutes or so. Then, walk briskly again until you will have caught your breath and then sprint for a minute before you walk again. Made by this point, simply alternate your running and walking to the next 15 minutes until you are generally finished.
One of the best reasons for cardio is the more you exercise, the more energy you’ll have. Cardio exercise will help you to burn calories, although its more useful for keeping your time levels high.
If you’ve never tested out cardio before, you should give this a shot. If you like for you to exercise, you’ll find cardio the fastest way to boost your energy and keep in top shape. If you are in the beginning stages, you’ll want to go slow and keep the cardio exercise in track – as it is extremely easy to over exert yourself.
It was uncommon for women to smoke cigars for a very long time as cigar smoking was historically and exclusively smoked by wealthy men and a very select few wealthy women (those that were queens of countries and etc). Cigar smoking was seen as a male endeavor, smoking fine cigars proved that you had very good business sense and a successful business. What cigars represent
Cigar smoking was seen as a symbolism of wealth, power and status. It also represents masculinity due to its large phallic shape. The average woman historically did not have their own income to spend and purchase cigars as their husbands are usually the breadwinner of the family. At present, as women’s status and financial income grew exponentially throughout the decades; smoking cigars was just another indication of women’s advancement in society. What men think about women smoking cigars
There are a growing number of men who support the idea of women smoking cigars. Some say that it allows women to express their masculine side and “regain their power”. Other men think that women who smoke cigars are sexy. Women who smoke cigars despite others’ opinions gain men’s respect as they are seen as individuals who stand their ground and don’t care about what others think of them. Where to smoke
The best place for both women and men to smoke and socialize is a cigar lounge. Lounges like 8eightyeight Cigar Lounge offers a wide range of word famous handcrafted cigars including those by Arturo Fuente, Diamond Crown, Graycliff, Padron, Rocky Patel and a host of others. Going to these lounges to smoke cigars doubles the fun as you will be socializing with other cigar enthusiasts! It is a welcoming sight when 1 or 2 women pops in for a good smoke in this male dominated past time. The numbers
In 1980, women bought a tenth of a percent of cigars. At present, women make up 2% of all cigars sold! That’s a 3000 percent increase! One can only imagine how many women will be smoking cigars in the next 20 years! It is estimated that women smoke about 3-5 cigars every month. Cigar smoking among women symbolizes a lot more than just the smoking itself. It sends a message to society that women have gained their position in society in terms of wealth and power. They are independent, strong women who are able to handle cigars with a hint of class
Hall of Fame
- There is a hall of fame specifically devoted to women’s basketball. Located in Knoxville, Tennessee, the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame opened in 1999. The building houses artifacts and memorabilia commemorating the history of women’s basketball. The hall also recognizes contributors to women’s basketball. The Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame building also encompasses the world’s largest basketball, that is 30 feet tall and weighs 10 tons.
- Born in 1952, Pat Summitt, women’s head coach at the University of Tennessee, is the all-time winningest coach at any level in college basketball. Since taking over the reins for the Volunteers in 1974, she has won eight national championships and recorded more than 1,000 victories. She is inducted in both the Basketball Hall of Fame and the Women’s Baskeball Hall of Fame. The basketball court at the University of Tennessee is named The Summitt in her honor.
- The inaugural season of the WNBA was 1997. Eight teams competed in the WNBA’s first season. Original franchises were located in Charlotte, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston, New York, Phoenix, Sacramento, and Utah. Tina Thompson was the first player chosen in the inaugural WNBA Draft and the first MVP was Cynthia Cooper. In its first season, the WNBA drew more than one million fans. The Houston Comets own the distinction of winning the first WNBA championship, defeating the NY Liberty.
- In 1936, a team called the All American Red Heads competed in exhibition games across the country against men’s teams playing by men ‘s rules. The Red Heads, one of the first pro women’s basketball squads, were very popular and would play up to 200 games a year. Members of the Red Heads were required to wear makeup, don red wigs, or tint their hair crimson.
- Born in Lithuania, Senda Berenson Abbott is known as the Mother of Women’s Basketball. She was responsible for writing the first rule book for women’s basketball and organized the first women’s basketball game at Smith College in Northampton, Massachusetts. In addition, she chaired the Women’s Basketball Rules Committee for more than a decade. In 1985, Berenson Abbott was the first women inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Massachusetts for her contributions to the sport.
- Over the years, the rules of women’s basketball have evolved. Rules changed as society’s views of women in athletics changed, according to historians. In 1901, a Women’s Basketball Rules Committee was formed in attempt to make rules more uniform. Early rules stated there was no coaching allowed from the sidelines during contests, timeouts were not allowed, and there were no substitutions. Up until the 1930s, the game was played on three courts and with as many as nine players on a side. In the 1930s, six-on-six play began, and teams consisted of three forwards and three guards. Forwards were the only players allowed to score, and no players were allowed to cross midcourt — so it was basically three-on-three on both halves of the court. In 1971, five-on-five play was adopted in the NCAA, along with a 30-second shot clock, a decade before men’s college basketball would add a shot clock.
It seems that almost every golfer has a hard luck tale to recount about a prize that they would have won, had they not been disqualified for a mistake concerning their score card. Of course, there is no requirement to complete a score card in match play, so the following only applies to stroke play situations. Rule 6-6 and the Decisions thereon contain most of the important information concerning the score card.
It is the Committee’s responsibility to provide each competitor with a score card containing the date and the competitor’s name or, in foursomes or four-balls, the competitors’ names (Rule 33-5). The competitor must ensure that their handicap is recorded on his score card. If there is no handicap on the card before it is returned to the Committee following completion of the players’ round, or if the recorded handicap is higher than that to which they are entitled and this affects the number of strokes received, they are disqualified (Rule 6-2b). If they enter a handicap that is lower than that to which they are entitled the Committee will use that handicap to calculate their score. Note that the Rules require the full handicap to be shown on the card, notwithstanding the number of holes in the stipulated round or the competition format (e.g. four-balls are often played at ¾ handicap). Decision 6-2b/0.5 makes this clear. The player should hand their card to their marker at the beginning of the round and after each hole the marker should check the score with the competitor and record it.
Before the card is returned to the designated area (e.g. in a scorer’s tent, the golf shop, or a competition box) the player must ensure that the gross scores for each hole are accurately recorded and the card has been signed by both the player and their marker. If a score lower than the actual score on any hole is returned, the player incurs the penalty of disqualification. However, if a score higher than the actual score is recorded, that score stands.
There are several common misconceptions about the score card. Here are the facts; Only the marker and one player in a side have to sign the card. Full signatures are not mandatory, initials are acceptable. The marker and player may sign anywhere on the card, although obviously it helps the scorer if they sign in the correct spaces. A different card from the one issued may be returned (e.g. when the original card has been saturated by rain). No initials are required for alterations made to the card. The signature confirms all changes made. It is not necessary to calculate the points scored in a Stableford competition as this is the responsibility of the Committee, as is the totalling of the gross scores for each hole and the application of the handicap. However, as someone who regularly checks competition cards at my club, I urge you to do so; it makes life so much easier for us scorers. Surprisingly, there is no Rule making it mandatory for the competition date to be recorded on the card, but I recommend that it is, to avoid confusion. A card may be marked by more than one person provided that each signs for the part of the round for which they are responsible. The card must be signed by both the marker and player after the round has been completed.
Note that a Committee may not, as a condition of competition, require that competitors must enter their scores into a computer and so players cannot be penalised for failing to do so (Decision 6-6b/8). However, a Committee may introduce a ‘club regulation’ to this effect and provide disciplinary sanctions, such as ineligibility to play in the next club competition, for failure to enter scores in a computer provided for this purpose.
Have you ever watched an Olympic sporting event or a World Championship and wonder why a specific athlete won the event? In some events, the difference between first and last is a split second. Every athlete wants to perform well and win the event. Each athlete is looking for a competitive edge that can put him or her over the top.
And one of the ways that an athlete can increase his chances of success is by optimizing his breathing patterns and lung capacity. Salt Therapy can be applied to professional and amateur athletes as well as weekend warriors by helping them achieve their best performance through increased lung function and stamina.
There are many drawbacks to having poor breathing patterns including the increased probability of injury while training or during competition, increases muscle soreness, dehydration and muscle cramping. Halotherapy counteracts these negative effects by removing mucus, reducing bronchial hyper responsiveness and clearing out an athlete’s lungs
Athletes aren’t immune to respiratory conditions and pulmonary conditions. Airway obstruction is a blockage of respiration in the airway that can be caused by viral infections such as croup or swelling can reduce athletic performance. And for those athletes that have allergies or respiratory conditions such as asthma, salt therapy is a 100% natural, drug-free solution that is has been used to treat people with for many centuries,
Breathing purified air improves, rejuvenates and removes impurities from the body and boosts the immune system through the use of dry aerosol of salt micro particles and minerals. National sports teams in Eastern Europe and professional sports teams like Australia’s St. Kilda Football Club, the Saints, use salt therapy to obtain positive effects including increased recovery time between games. A salt cave in Bochnia, Poland has a speleotherapy unit with an underground sport-field and basketball court. There’s even a salt cave that specializes in Equine Salt Therapy for equine athletes, http://www.equinesalttherapy.com.
Athletes find out that optimal breathing pattern allows them to achieve better performance, using less of their air reserves to achieve outstanding results. When the body is working within its normal parameters it can sustain higher performance levels. It’s just the opposite when it isn’t operating within its optimal levels and athletes have less stamina and endurance. Athletes that compete in events that require high levels of stamina including long distance and cross country running, ironman events, wrestling etc… should consider integrating Halotherapy into their regular training routine.
- The Gazelle Supra weighs approximately 62 pounds and can support users who weigh up to 325 pounds. Its dimensions are 42.5” x 30” x 54”.
Using the Gazelle Supra
- After assembling the Gazelle Supra, users should place one foot onto each foot platform. Grab the left and right handlebars and push them back and forth, alternating between handlebars.
- There is a resistance pin in each of the Gazelle Supra’s handlebars. To add resistance, move the resistance pin into a slot closer to you.
- Change the position of your hands on the handlebars to increase or decrease the intensity of your workout. Grip the top of the bar for a challenging workout; grip the middle to lower the intensity.
- The Gazelle Supra folds to half its size for easy storage. Consult the user manual for instructions on how to safely fold and store your unit.
Contacting the Manufacturer
- Contact FitnessQuest at 1-800-321-9236 for warranty information, technical support and customer service. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST.
There is no question that moderate aerobic exercise has a role to play in fat loss. But as you progress into your program, cardio workouts can become a bit stale and time-consuming. Heck, I know some regular exercisers who probably wouldn’t do cardio if they couldn’t watch “American Idol” while on the treadmill. Now that’s fine, but if you want ongoing change you need to keep finding new ways to challenge your body. A great way to do that is to use Interval Training in your fitness routine.
Interval training involves alternating periods of high intensity work with periods of lower intensity “active recovery” (e.g. alternating running with walking). This has several advantages. First, the short duration “burst” during the high intensity phase stimulates muscle in a way which moderate, steady-pace cardio does not. And, if you remember, last month we learned that the key to being able to burn more calories and fat around the clock, 24 hours a day, is to increase muscle. Now if you’re thinking, “yeah, but didn’t he also say that high intensity cardio burns muscle tissue?” then you’re correct. The key is short duration, explosive spurts. Think of the physique of an elite sprinter vs. that of the marathon runner, and you’ll start to get the picture.
Aside from being muscle-producing, interval training also burns more total calories. In fact, there is evidence to suggest that this effect continues up to 24 hours after an intense interval training workout. This is most likely because your body expends more calories in recovering and repairing than it would for a less intense workout. Thus, it is possible for you to get a very effective cardio session in a lot less time. Great for those of us with hectic schedules!
Training with intervals is dynamic and challenging, which makes it a great deal more interesting than regular cardio. You can alternate a minute of skipping rope with pedaling a stationary bike, weighted step-ups with walking on the treadmill, even jogging up and down the stairs of your house or building, alternated with periods of walking circles around your dining-room table! There are so many possible variations.
Alright, so know that you know why it works, you’re probably wondering, “how can I start incorporating interval training into my workouts?” Well, I usually like to start clients off by doing intervals on a stationary or recumbent bike, because it’s simpler and there is less chance of injury. At first, each interval should be a bit longer, and the “active recovery” phase should be longer than the “sprint,” say 3 minutes compared to 2 minutes of high intensity. Try to use a perceived 80% effort for those two minutes, by the end of which your legs should be burning and you should have the feeling that you couldn’t keep going for very long. Do this by increasing the resistance and the speed of pedaling. Then, to get the most out your intervals, it’s important that you slow right down to a comfortable 30% output for the recovery phase. Repeat this process 3-6 times initially, but don’t forget to warm-up 5-10 minutes first, and cool down for about 5 minutes afterwards. The overall duration of your session should be between 15 and 35 minutes.
As you become more advanced, try to challenge yourself with shorter, more intense intervals, and equal periods of recovery. Try 4-10 intervals of 45 seconds at 90% effort, alternated with 45 seconds at 30%, and vary the type of cardio as well. As with anything type exercise, you will get maximum results if you start gradually and push yourself more and more as your strength and stamina improves.
Also, the best time for you to interval train is probably immediately after your resistance training workout, but because it is relatively brief, you may find it quite suitable to perform this workout as your AM cardio, as long as you properly warm up first.
So here it is in a nutshell. To make best use of interval training:
1. Warm up for 5-10 minutes 2. Alternate periods of 80% to 90% effort with periods of 30% effort, depending on your level 3. Cool down for 5 minutes after 4. Start with longer periods and progress to shorter ones 5. As your strength and endurance improves, challenge yourself with different combinations, and more intense “bursts,” while simultaneously reducing rest periods
In recent years, a lot has been said for the effectiveness of interval training, and some even tout it as the fat loss solution. But that is misleading, and while I do believe interval training has it’s place in your fitness program, it’s just one piece of the puzzle. A puzzle which, I hope, is beginning to make more sense to you with each successive issue of this newsletter! Together with cardiovascular exercise, the right nutrition and resistance training are the three synergistic elements that will allow to achieve all your fat loss and fitness goals. Good luck!
- The grants go toward a variety of projects, including capital campaigns to build new facilities, purchase equipment, or fund coaches and staff. Past grant recipients have used the money to start new community recreation programs, offer free sports programs to kids, and provide training to coaches. The organization must submit a grant application, either online or through the mail. Some grant providers require applicants to first submit a letter of intent or request for proposal. If the grant organization accepts the LOI or RFP, the applicant group can turn in an application.
- Each grant comes with its own specific qualifications, but typically the grant money must go to a community-related project. In some instances, the applicant must be a part of the Charities Directorate of the Canada Revenue Agency, which requires registering with the CRA and operating solely as a charitable organization in Canada. Some grant providers award money to projects that target certain populations, such as kids, rural communities or low-income families. Other programs give preference to applicants that have matching funds in place. Additionally, most grants stipulate that the money go to a non-profit operating in a Canadian providence.
- Men’s Nike shoes tend to have an equal width between the forefoot and heel. Women’s Nike shoes most often have a narrower heel than forefoot. Some women with a wider foot will often select men’s shoes for comfort, because women’s shoes are often more narrow than men’s shoes. According to Nike, other fit differences between men and women’s shoes include arch length and height.
- Women’s Nike shoe sizes 7 through 12 are exactly one size smaller than the men’s shoes. For example, a size 7 in women’s shoes is a size 6 in men’s. A size 11.5 in women’s sizes would be a size 10.5 in men’s. Sizes below 7 in a women’s size shoe or below 6 in men sizes are less consistent. For a complete Nike size conversion chart with men, women and children shoes sizes, visit the official Nike website.
- Stylistically, women’s shoes come in a tremendous variety of bright colors and tend to use white in the sole and design of the shoe. Men’s shoes tend to use a lot of greens, blues and reds, and use black more frequently than white in their soles and design. A look at the difference in style between the men’s Nike “Free” and the women’s Nike “Free” line reveals certain consistent similarities. For instance, the design on both lines is fairly clean and simple, and the shape of the shoes is very similar. The main difference between the lines is the color palette, and again the women’s shoes have a brighter range of color choice than the more earthy colors of men’s shoes.
- Nike offers more sports shoes options for men than they do for women. The styles also vary. For instance, with the women’s softball cleats, all of the options of cleats are low-top sneakers. However, there are several choices of high-top sneakers in the men’s section. Some women may choose a man’s Nike sport’s shoe for better style and fitting options. Since the Nike sports shoes are all about finding a great fit, men and women should feel free to try on options from either gender.
Setting Date, Time and Alarm
- To enter the date and time setting mode, press and hold the “mode” button, located on the top-left of the watch. Continue holding this button until the display begins to flash. This first display is the alarm setting, should you choose to set an alarm to go off. If you’d like to set the alarm, use the “alarm” button on the bottom-right of the watch to advance the hours to the desired one. Then press the mode button again; this will cycle through the minutes and seconds of the alarm to allow you to set those as well. Once you have set the alarm, you can press the “date” button at the top-right of the watch to proceed to the regular time setting. These numbers, which will now be flashing, also are adjusted by pressing the alarm button to change them. Pressing the date button again will now cycle through the hours, minutes, seconds and the date. As you continue to press the date button, the All-Sport will continuously cycle through these options; don’t worry if you forget to set one, you can simply press the date button a few times until you get back to the setting you need to change. Once the alarm, time and date have all been set, you can press the mode button one more time to exit to the normal watch mode that will display the date and time.
Using Chime and Alarm
- The Armitron All-Sport features both an alarm and an hourly chime. The alarm function will cause the watch to continuously beep at the selected time until you turn it off by pressing a button. The chime will cause the watch to beep once every hour. You can turn both these features on and off by pressing and holding the alarm button and while holding it pressing the date button. The first time you do this, the chime will turn on and a small house symbol will be displayed on the watch face. Performing this button-pressing sequence again will turn on the alarm, which in turn displays a small clock icon on the watch face. Each successive pressing of this button sequence will alternate between the chime and the alarm, turning them either on or off.
- The All-Sport also features a built-in backlight to help you view the watch in dark conditions. This light can be activated by pressing the “light” button on the bottom-left of the watch. Pressing this button is the only way to activate the light, and doing so will only cause the watch to illuminate for a few seconds at a time.
Out of all the sporting organizations within the US, such as NFL and the NBA, there is some of the most marketing potential associated with the NBA, with fans spending millions every year on replica jerseys of their favorite players. For example a study was conducted into the sale of jerseys for the 2007-08 season, which concluded that Kevin Garnett of the Boston Celtics was the most popular jersey to own.
Ever since basketball was introduced as a major sport, all of the professional players have been wearing these NBA jerseys. The basic idea surrounding them has never changed, what has changed are simply aspects such as the designs and fabrics that are used to create these. They have basically evolved over time to be what they are today but the popularity of these is something that has remained the same, in fact to certain extent it may have even increased. I say this because there is always a demand for not only the current season’s Adidas NBA jerseys but also the classic ones from years gone by. Say if you have a particular player from years ago who you admired or your favorite team won a huge championship a good few years ago you may want to own a piece of history in the form of these two examples. The fact that you can get hold of jerseys from this time period allows you to do exactly this.
With the NBA jerseys that are available today, you will notice that they are the loosest fit; well there is a reason for this. In the early years of basketball, way back when Michael Jordan first appeared on our scene, the basketball jerseys that the players were wearing were tighter while the shorts were very short. With new eras come new styles and loose fitting Jerseys was ushered in with the hip hop era this also allows the players to be more comfortable when playing such a athletic sport like basketball.
Regardless of which is your favorite team, such as Celtics or Lakers or which team member is your favorite such as Lebron James, Kobe Bryant or Dwayne Wade you will be able to get their replica Adidas jersey. These replicas are generally made from a heavyweight mesh material with the names and numbers presented clearly. They also feature embroidered patches that are seen on the professional ones.
NBA jerseys are available to people not only in the US but all across the world, anyone who supports the sport, regardless of where you are from can express your support and love for your team through the use of this item of clothing. Also they are available in a range of sizes, making them perfect for everyone. So why not show your support and truly get involved by getting your very own NBA jersey today.
People who are sports enthusiasts have a whole range of apparel and accessories to choose from. Garments that are specially designed for athletic activities can also be worn by those who are not professional athletes. One of the garments that can benefit both the active sports professional and the person with varicose veins is the athletic support sock. The built-in massaging fibers can work help anyone who wants a comfortable, fashionable way to reduce swelling and pain in the lower extremities.
Runners And Joggers Benefit from Compression
Serious athletes who practice the sport of professional track and field can sometimes find themselves with painful cramps in their legs, especially in the region of the calf muscle. As a runner’s foot grips the ground, muscles in the calf contract and expand. Using muscles during strenuous activities for prolonged periods of time can build up lactic acid in the area. Lactic acid build-up can cause painful burning. Many athletes find that wearing support socks can help ease the symptoms of cramping in the lower legs while running.
How Compression Hosiery Works
Athletic socks made with support work very much like lightweight compression hosiery. They contain built-in fibers that gently massage the lower extremities to increase blood flow and help move lactic acid out of the muscles. Runners also choose support socks because they stay in place better than other types of athletic sports socks. The stretchy fibers hold their shape better during extreme movement out on the sports field.
Athletic Supportive Hosiery Is Not Just For Athletes
Not only are these garments good for runners and sports enthusiasts, anyone who needs a more reinforced sock that increases blood flow naturally can benefit from wearing them. Garments like this are ideal for older people who have problems with varicose veins and poor circulation in the legs.
Varicose veins are caused by poor circulation when the blood pools within the walls of the veins. As the blood pools, the veins begin to bulge outward, causing swelling and sometimes pain. Compression socks keep the blood moving and act as an aid to increase proper circulation. People who spend a great deal of time on their feet can also appreciate the qualities of a garment like this.
Sports apparel of this type are also made to promote better foot health by containing special performance fabric that wicks moisture away from the skin during workouts more effectively than standard types. The most notable quality about this particular garment is that nobody will ever know that they contain hidden reinforcement to improve blood flow. They look and function just like a normal sock, only better.
- ASFA's certification exams are designed for fitness professionals who already have experience in the field or for aspiring trainers with a very strong background in exercise or strength and conditioning. While AFSA does suggest specific study materials for each exam and sells these resources through their online store, these materials are not required. The organization does not provide any classes, workshops or other structured preparation for the exam.
- As of 2010, the fee for a one-year certification as an ASFA personal trainer was $129. Candidates who choose to do so may take the exam immediately upon paying the testing fee. ASFA tests are multiple choice, and candidates must answer at least 70 percent of the questions correctly in order to pass. Certificates are emailed in .pdf format to successful candidates.
- As of 2010, ASFA offered three personal trainer certifications: Master Personal Training, Advanced Personal Training and Personal Training. AFSA also offers a variety of niche-specific certifications. Fitness professionals interested in working with athletes might choose the Sport Specific Trainer certification, Golf Strength Training Specialist certification or Martial Arts Strength and Conditioning certification. Depending on which age-group a trainer prefers to focus on, the Senior Fitness Instructor certification or Childhood Obesity Specialist certification may suit his goals best. Other options include certifications for self-defense instructors, pilates instructors or sports nutritionists.
- While every certification probably gets negative reviews from time to time, it's important to keep in mind that certain organizations generally do garner more respect than others. Earning a certification from a prestigious organization doesn't necessarily make one trainer more qualified than the next, but many employers and clients do prefer some certifications over others.
The value of an ASFA personal trainer certification is sometimes questioned, for several reasons. For one, as the trainers at Askthetrainer.com state: “Every legitimate personal trainer certification requires a current Cardio Pulminary Resuscitation (CPR) card.” ASFA certifications have no such requirement. Askthetrainer's Mike Behnken, MS, CSCS, also warns that “some [personal trainer certifications] are as easy as taking a test online and getting your certification in minutes. Beware of anything that sounds too good to be true.” Since ASFA certifications allow fitness workers to do just that, some people in the fitness industry feel that the certification is not as worthwhile as a program requiring applicants to take classes or attend workshops. (Note that ASFA does list recommended study materials for each exam, which applicants can purchase directly from the organization.)
Lastly, the exam has a reputation in some circles for being “easy,” which may or not be a factor in a possible employer's opinion of the certification.
- For people who have already worked in the fitness field or who have solid previous experience in fitness or strength and conditioning–for example through military experience or an athletic career–having to fulfill extensive educational requirements and take classes for a personal training certification may seem redundant. The expenses and time commitment involved in buying textbooks or traveling to workshops may not be worthwhile for such people, and an ASFA certification may be a good option. ASFA's certifications also are well-suited for experienced fitness professionals who want to increase their marketability by focusing on a specific niche or niches–for example working with senior citizens, working with golfers or leading kettlebell workouts.
In addition, ASFA allows fitness workers to purchase lifetime certifications–an unusual feature, since, as the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports, most certifications for fitness workers must be renewed every two years. Finally, a candidate does not have to pay for any AFSA exam unless he successfully completes it.
When it comes to weight loss the first thing many people think about is that they have to do tons of cardio. Many people spend hour after hours counting the calories burned on their treadmill. Others are using a heart rate monitor to stay in their fat burning zone for hours hoping the fat will burn away. One of the number one questions I get is “I do 6 hours of cardio a week and can’t lose a pound.” With proper hear rate monitor training, a person can optimize their workout to raise their metabolism and burn more fat not just during your workout, but all day long.
To understand heart rate training, we first have to understand how our bodies produce energy. We have two major processes that produce energy within our bodies. First, our aerobic metabolism utilizes oxygen combined with carbs and fat to produce our long lasting energy and the energy you are using to read this article. Your second way you produce energy is anaerobically. Your anaerobic metabolism creates energy for short durations of intense activity. Your only source of energy for your anaerobic metabolism is carbohydrates in your blood stream or carbs stored in your muscle cells. So aerobic burns fat and carbs, and anaerobic burns carbs only.
Proper heart rate training has three distinct training zones each designed to challenge your metabolism to become faster and more efficient which leads to burning more fat. Most people only exercise in one of them. When we train in the same zone everyday our body adapts to that workout and we stop getting the weight loss and fat loss we are after. To optimize your fat burning results we want to do each zone’s workout once a week.
To create your optimal fat burning heart rate zones we have to find your anaerobic threshold. Your anaerobic threshold is the point at which your physical activity becomes so intense that your body is unable to produce enough energy aerobically. Your anaerobic metabolism kicks in to produce more energy to continue the activity. During intense cardio workouts both your aerobic and anaerobic metabolisms are producing energy to keep you moving. Online personal training website Liveleantoday.com utilizes a customized online profile to find your anaerobic threshold and create your fat burning heart rate zones. If you have the ability, the best test for your anaerobic threshold is a treadmill test where you are hooked up to an oxygen mask connected to a metabolic cart. The most common place to get this test done is at certain universities around the country.
Fat Burning Zone
The first zone (zone 1) for optimal fat burning cardio consists of working out at a moderate intensity level. You want to workout at an intensity that you can sustain for long periods of time, greater than 30 min. consistently. With training, it is good to work up to consistent cardiovascular exercise for 60 min. The goal in zone 1 is to train your body to burn fat efficiently. Don’t be so concerned about how many calories you burn during the workout. A proper fat burning zone workout trains your metabolism to burn more fat by efficiently training your body to release more fat out of your fat cells all day long while you are not exercising.
Anaerobic Threshold Zone
For the second zone (zone 2), we want to train as close as we can to our anaerobic threshold. A measure to find this point is the highest constant heart rate you can sustain for 15-20 min. The goal of zone 2 is to train your aerobic metabolism to burn energy as fast as it can. Your metabolism then adapts and you burn more energy 24 hours a day. Zone two is the workout that I see that every exerciser skips. Most people either spend all their time in the easy zone 1 or do high intensity training all the time which we are going to talk about next. Working out at the moderately high intensity in zone 2 is essential to training our aerobic metabolism which is our major source of energy all day.
High Intensity Zone
The third zone for optimal fat burning cardio is training at high intensities (zone 3). Another name for this zone is interval training. Interval training is where we workout for short burst of time, 1-3 min., and then walk or rest for short bursts of time, and then repeat the high to low sequence again. Zone 3 workouts train your body to produce energy greater than it has ever done before for short durations of time. It is more important about the rate of burning energy than total calories. Which means the faster you go the more calories you burn in a short period of time the better. One key to interval training is you have to be able to repeat the same speed and heart rate for each interval. Often people train to hard for the first interval and though their heart rate goes up they slow their speed down with each interval. Zone 3 workouts are considered the most efficient way to raise your metabolism and burn more fat. You actually burn 100% carbs during the workout as a source of energy. People that do consistent interval training on a weekly basis burn more fat 24 hours a day, even on days they don’t exercise.
Each zone has key aspects to your total fat burning program. An optimal program consists of workouts in all three zones each week. Every person’s heart rate is going to be different for each zone. Liveleantoday.com uses it customized profile to create the individualized heart rate zones to optimize your fat burning workouts. Heart rate zones between people can vary by over 20 beats, so training at your friend’s zone doesn’t work. Start training at all three zones each week and start burning more fat 24 hours a day.
Millions of people around the world are looking for exercises to enhance their strength and fitness. While running, cycling, swimming, and aerobics are effective, sometimes changing a routine is necessary to get a mental break and to avoid plateau. For people who are stuck in a rut, a kettlebell workout could help you get motivated once again and help you achieve a greater level of fitness.
The popularity of kettlebells has increased tremendously in the last 6 years or so. This type of workout builds endurance and cardio. All you need to get started is: well, you guessed it, a kettlebell.
The use of the kettlebell actually began in Russia back in the 1700’s. However, it didn’t become a sport until the mid 1900’s. This piece of equipment looks like a ball with a handle on top, and consists of cast iron. The handles are grasped firmly so the kettlebell can be swung or lifted. Initially it was a sport, but down the road it was used by Russia’s military for fitness training.
This workout has a lot of benefits healthwise. For one, swinging kettlebells would help build strength. A very fundamental movement in this exercise involves swinging the kettlebell from a half-squat position, then using glutes and thighs to propel the body upward. Even a few repetitions of this exercise can lead to muscle development throughout several areas of the body. Doing a high number of repetitions and exercises without taking a break will get your heart rate up and burn a lot of calories. Moreover, the movements also will help strengthen your core muscles.
Kettlebell routines can be considered intense because you are moving around while carrying some weight. The ketllebell cardio workout has been praised by many runners and sprinters who experienced an increase of as much as 30% in their speed. What’s also nice is that you can choose a kettlebell weight that works for you, and increase it over time as you get stronger.
For most people kettlebells are used for either circuit training or for cardio. You can mix in some kettlebell exercises with other strength and cardio during a workout. If you did kettlebell workouts for the next 2-4 weeks, you will achieve excellent results.
While using as an actual kettlebell is recommended, you can use a hand weight as a substitute. There are various kettlebell exercise DVDs that you can purchase. If your interested, then you might be able to sign up for some kettlebell classes if they are offered at your local fitness center or gym.
When scientists first discovered that during intensive exercises, your body burns glycogen, which is a form of stored carbohydrates that are stored in your liver and muscles for energy. During low intensity exercises, your body will burn a lot of fat.
If your wondering whether or not it works, the answer is no because there are so many obese people still around. Even though they are working out with low intensity routines, it still makes you wonder how it can be.
The scientists were right when they said the human body burns more body fat during low intensity exercises like walking or swimming. During a high intensity exercise such as running, the body will burn a lot more calories. Even if some of the calories burnt are from glycogen, there are still many fat calories burned as well.
To put the icing on the cake, when your store of glycogen gets low, the carbohydrates from your food you eat will later get converted into glycogen to fill up the store and won’t be converted to body fat when they are left unused for energy.
High intensity cardio exercise will juice up your metabolism even after you have completed your workout. What this means, is that your body will continue to burn body fat hours after you have left the gym. This effect is nearly non existent in low intensity cardio or aerobic workout.
Accumulatively, your body will burn up more and more calories during and after you have finished a high intensity cardio exercise that it will with low intensity.
You can inject high intensity exercises into your cardio workout by introducing some interval training. You can walk for 5 minutes or so, then break into some jogging for another 5 minutes or so. Then, walk briskly again until you have caught your breath and then sprint for a minute before you walk again. From this point, simply alternate your running and walking for the next 15 minutes until you are finished.
One of the best things about cardio is the more you do it, the more energy you’ll have. Cardio will help you to burn calories, although its more useful for keeping your energy levels high.
If you’ve never tried cardio before, you should give it a shot. If you like to exercise, you’ll find cardio the best way to boost your energy and keep in top shape. If you are just starting out, you’ll want to go slow and keep your aerobic exercise within your ability – as it is very easy to over exert yourself.
Zumba dance fitness is a delightful cardio exercise system that anyone can start. The level of your workout will be determined by your fitness level. If you are out of shape start slow, in a few weeks you will be able to hang with the pros.
- If you are planning on using resistance equipment in a gym, take notice of how the machines are arranged. Often, they are set up in a circle and gym members go through all of the machines once, twice or even three times.
However, you may not wish to go in order. To get the most bang for your buck, you may wish to start with exercises that train large muscle groups, such as shoulder press machines and squatting machines. Afterward, move towards exercises that train small muscle groups, such as seated rows and triceps push-downs. If you are pressed for time, you may wish to create two different workouts, allowing you to alternate upper and lower body exercises. On workout A days, you may perform only upper body exercises that work your arms, back and shoulders. On workout B days, work your lower body, including your hips and legs.
If this is too challenging, but you are still pressed for time, you may wish to create two different workouts, alternating upper and lower body exercises each time. According to the National Strength and Conditioning Association’s textbook, “Essentials of Personal Training,” this works well if you are “not able to tolerate performing several upper or lower body exercises in a row, or if a trained client with less available training time wants to cut back on the length of rest intervals to shorten the workout.” Lower body exercises can often be performed immediately after upper body exercises, with short rest periods.
- Cybex also manufactures cardiovascular equipment, such as treadmills, steppers and exercise bikes. According to “Essentials of Personal Training,” your decision of equipment depends on several factors, including availability, personal preference, your ability to perform the exercise, and your goals. Pick a machine that you like, know how to use, and one that will help you meet your training goals. Cybex equipment will give you a read-out of your current heart rate, so that you can calculate the intensity of your exercise.
- As your fitness levels improve, you may increase the frequency of your training or the duration and intensity of your exercise. Longer exercise sessions require more recovery time.
Tell the Truth
- A story-telling game using toilet paper allows your guests to reveal something about themselves that gets other participants talking and laughing. However, nobody is required to reveal anything private or embarrassing. To begin, pass a roll of toilet paper around the group. Ask each woman to tear off a strip of any length she likes, but don’t tell her why. Announce the rules when all the women have paper in hand — each tears off one square of toilet paper and tells something true or comical about herself. Go around the table until all the squares have been used.
- Although the candy facts game is similar to the toilet paper game, the rules are slightly different. Fill a bowl with colorful candy and give each woman a small plastic bag or a napkin to hold the candy. Ask each woman to take a small handful of candy, then go around the circle as everyone picks one piece of candy and tells something about herself. The catch is that the story depends on the color of the candy. For example, picking a blue candy calls for a childhood story, and a red candy means the participant tells something about her family, a pink candy calls for a story about a first boyfriend and a green candy calls for any random fact. Make up your own creative guidelines appropriate for the occasion.
- This version of the traditional scavenger hunt is well-suited for women’s groups. Plan ahead and make a list of items women may have in her bag or purse. For example, include items such as paper clips, bobby pins, pennies, breath mints, a romance novel, dental floss, a crossword puzzle, a button or theater stub. Include a few items that are more unusual, such as guitar picks, golf tees, a needle and thread or baby rattles. Each item is worth one point, and the woman with the most points in a predetermined time limit wins the game. If the group is large, divide it into teams of four to six women.
- The shopping game is a slightly more involved version of a childhood party game. It requires no planning or supplies. The first woman says, “I went shopping and I bought…,” filling in the blank with an item that starts with “A,” such as “apron” or address book. The next woman repeats what the first woman said, and then adds something that starts with the letter B. The game continues through the alphabet and becomes very comical as each woman attempts to remember the growing list of items. If you want to keep the game moving and make it even funnier, eliminate women from the game when they pause or forget an item in the list.
- The yearbook game has no rules and no winners or losers, but it is useful for prompting laughter and conversation. Ask each woman to bring her high school yearbook, then have fun comparing notes about old hairstyles, styles and fads. You can use items other than yearbooks, depending on the group. For example, use wedding albums, baby books, or just collections of funny old photos.
- Turn the sunglasses frame toward you. Roll and pull the old earsock between your forefinger and thumb until the ear sock slides off.
- Insert the new ear socks by sliding the tubes over the ends of the frame through the large hole.
- Roll and push the ear sock unto the frame until it fits snugly into place. Repeat the process with the other ear sock.
It was not that extended ago how the only sorts of purpose out you can perform was objects like sit ups, push ups, jumping, operating and climbing. grownup males and females could also, occasionally lift heavy things. It wasn’t unbelievably extended ago that brand-new pieces of apparel have been produced to bodily exercise particular components from the whole body in new and unique ways. These days, instead of relying on more mature standbys to preserve us within of the exact shape, there undoubtedly are a massive selection of unique pieces of bodily fitness apparel that you simply can use in circumstance you desire to acquire (or preserve yourself) in shape. preserve reading through to educate your do it yourself about a amount from one of the finest and most beneficial pieces of bodily fitness apparel that come going to be getting sent out.
The Ugi is comparable to some stability ball, a remedies ball as well getting a stuffed animal, all concurrently. You can acquire the ball in weights from 6 to twelve pounds and every one consists of a movement image that will train you learn to accomplish a bunch of unique training routines much more compared to instruction course of the thirty instant workout. you may nicely take advantage of the ball to purpose just about every and every area of your whole body with out actually getting bored. pretty very much the only genuine bad make any difference could possibly be the price–it’s just about a hundred and fifty collars–but to the reason that it features all from the components of your whole body you may think the price tag is reasonable.
For female iPhone purchasers who would would rather acquire in superb shape, the Nike instruction Club app is truly a godsend. The app is truly a zero price tag one. It arrives filled up with practically a hundred unique training routines that come going to be developed to the lone aim of assisting females of every bodily fitness level get in shape. The only objects you need to accomplish is truly a training dependent in your latest bodily fitness level on top of that to the quantity of your time you call up for to bodily exercise after which adhere to the directions how the app provides to you. The iphone app is arranged as very much as ensure that you simply can listen to the audio tracks within your cell phone even although also hearing the trainer’s support and, the very much more time you commit exercising, the very much more the triumphs are on the way to turn into unlocked on top of that to the very much better the app is on the way to be. do we mention previously that this app is completely free?
- Sprinkle confetti on the table or buffet. This works best if you place a plastic table cover first, and makes cleanup easier. Choose confetti in the team’s colors, or, if it’s available, buy confetti that is shaped liked sports balls. This is optional, but makes the centerpiece stand out more.
- Find balls of different sizes. You can use regulation-size balls, miniature party favors or toys shaped like sports balls. The balls can also serve as party favors. Arrange them in the center of the table.
- Fill team-colored balloons with helium. Attach each balloon to a piece of string or ribbon. If you want everything to look very coordinated, choose string or ribbon in the team’s colors.
- Attach one or two balloons to each sports ball. You could try tying them around the balls, but it is easiest to tape them down with good-quality Scotch tape. Make sure that you tape the balloons onto the underside of the balls so that the tape is hidden.
- Alternatively, if you only have one ball, tie a bunch of balloons together. Tape the bunch of balloons to the underside of the ball. This works best for footballs, basketballs, soccer balls and other large sports balls. If you have only one smaller ball, such as a baseball, tape the bunch of balloons to the table and place the ball on top of where you place the tape.
OAKLAND, Calif. – The news of Kyrie Irving’s fractured left kneecap hit the NBA Finals with a fury on Friday. Same story, different player.
Basketball is breaking people, and it’s doing so at an alarming rate.
What promised to be one of the league’s best season-ending showcases in years is now a complete dud. With the Cavs missing Kevin Love and Irving, not to mention Anderson Varejao, is it over in four games or five? Well, that depends.
At this pace, how many games will the Cavs and Warriors have enough players to finish?
The carnage doesn’t begin or end with the Cavs, who now face the virtually impossible task of trying to dethrone the team with the NBA’s best record without two of their three best players. Nobody wishes any ill toward anyone on the Golden State side, but it would seem that the Cavs’ best (and perhaps only) strategy is just to extend the series as long as possible because you never know who will go down next.
It might be someone on the other side.
From Mike Conley and Tony Allen to Chris Paul and John Wall … from Pau Gasol and Kyle Korver to Love and Irving … the NBA playoffs have been so injury prone as to warrant the formation of a congressional committee. Seriously, who sanctions such barbarism?
TV networks, that’s who. It’s a $5 billion business, and the money just keeps rolling in. Less than 15 minutes after the Cavs announced Irving’s fate, the NBA sent out a press release revealing that the 17.8 million viewers Thursday night amounted to the largest TV audience ever for Game 1 of the Finals on ABC. In about a year, the league’s new $24 billion broadcast and digital rights contracts kick in, fueling a dramatic jump in player salaries and owner profits.
But while the worst business practice would be to assault your customers, maiming your star athletes is about as bad as it gets for a pro sports league that relies on their continued athletic performance to generate all that money. The NFL has gotten away with this for years, because most of the serious disabilities don’t set in until years after players have retired. Plus, fresh meat walks through the locker-room doors every year after the draft to replace the damaged goods.
When did playing basketball become so dangerous? Well, commissioner Adam Silver said perception isn’t exactly reality.
“Our data doesn’t go back that far, at least to a point that it’s really reliable in terms of games missed,” Silver said. “But at least over a short period of time, we don’t see – even versus last year, games missed is not greater than last year. In other words, injury data isn’t showing that this was a worse year in terms of injuries than last year.”
The thing is, the 2013-14 season was bad for injuries, too, so what does that comparison really tell us? You had Derrick Rose (torn meniscus, which he tore again this season); Kobe Bryant (fractured knee, which came after he tore his Achilles’ tendon late in the ’12-’13 season); Tyson Chandler (fractured fibula), Anthony Davis (broken hand), and on and on. In the span of three seasons, the Hawks’ Al Horford tore not one, but both of his pectoral muscles.
Beyond the aforementioned postseason injuries, the Blazers lost in the first round without Wesley Matthews (torn Achilles) and the Thunder missed the playoffs because Kevin Durant played only 27 games due to multiple foot surgeries.
“There are more high-profile players seemingly that are injured this year than last year,” Silver said during his annual pre-Finals media address Thursday night, before Irving became the latest victim. “So that always concerns me.”
As well it should. With collective bargaining talks cranking up again as soon as this summer, the debate over who’s more replaceable – the owners or the players – will once again come to the forefront. But it seems pretty clear that a business based on sustained athletic performance can’t be sustained without, you know, athletic performance.
Importance of Physical Education
- Under the umbrella of the importance of physical education, there are numerous potential paper topics. One topic is the lifelong importance of physical activity and how it can lower the risk of disease. This can be a particularly important topic for a student planning to teach elementary physical education. The paper can include research that suggests that the earlier students learn about health, the healthier they are later in life. Along the same lines, a student could write about current childhood obesity trends and how regular physical activity can reduce those rates and help combat the problem. The correlation between regular physical activity and classroom achievement or regular exercise and productivity are potential topics as well.
Fitness and How It Applies to Children
- There’s no arguing that children need regular exercise, and a paper topic could introduce an in-depth exploration of a specific benefit. For example, exercise can improve self-image, so a prospective PE teacher might write a paper about the correlation between exercise and self-esteem or the relationship between exercise and rates of depression. Regular exercise increases strength and encourages normal physical development, and a paper topic could explore the reasons why this is. An exploration of how physical education classes contribute to childhood social and emotional development is another potential topic.
Benefits of Certain Sports
- A student studying to work within a certain sports field might write an in-depth paper about the history and benefits of a specific activity such as football, volleyball or lacrosse. For a student working towards a PE teaching degree, he might discuss how playing team sports influences physical, social and emotional development. A paper outlining the physical benefits of certain sports is another option. For example, a student might write a paper that proves the relationship between a strong lower body and playing soccer or the correlation between Pilates and a strong core. The benefits of hula-hooping is another creative paper topic.
- A student studying to be a PE teacher could write a paper that discusses the history of PE in the school system and how it’s changed to be more effective or what needs to change to make it more effective. The ways that physical education improves problem-solving skills is another idea for a prospective PE teacher. An in-depth exploration of the President’s Physical Fitness Challenge would be an interesting and valuable paper, too. For a student going into the sports medicine field, a paper about how physical activity and nutrition are related is a potential topic, as is the relationship between psychology and the attitudes of pro athletes.
Sports nutrition is an increasingly popular field of study among college students. A sports nutrition college degree can qualify the student for a career as a dietitian, fitness trainer or personal diet consultant. A number of colleges are now offering degrees in sports nutrition or degrees in nutrition with concentrations or certificates in sports nutrition.
Simmons School of Health Sciences
- The Simmons School of Health Sciences in Boston, Massachusetts, offers a master of science degree in nutrition and health promotion. Within this program, it also offers a certificate program in sports nutrition that is designed to prepare students specifically for the American College of Sports Medicine Health/Fitness Instructors Exam. The program’s curriculum focuses on both nutrition and fitness in order to give students a broad understanding of the field of health and wellness. The nutrition program is designed for working professionals, offering evening, weekend and online classes. All of the sports nutrition classes, however, are offered entirely online. Areas of study covered by the program include sports nutrition practice; sports psychology; wellness, fitness and nutrition; and exercise assessment and prescription.Simmons School of Health Sciences
Office of Admission
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115
- Marywood University in Scranton, Pennsylvania offers a master of science degree in sports nutrition and exercise science through its Department of Nutrition and Dietetics. The program is open to students of all backgrounds as long as they have taken the prerequisite classes in chemistry, physiology and anatomy prior to entry. The degree is a 36 credit hour degree, 21 of which are from core courses in biomechanics, exercise physiology, exercise testing and nutritional assessment, sports nutrition, sports supplements, vitamins and minerals and energy nutrients. Students also must take additional courses in statistics and research methods. Six hours of elective courses are also required in areas such as strength and condition or exercise and aging, among others.Department of Nutrition and Dietetics
2300 Adams Ave
Scranton, PA 18509
- Also located in Pennsylvania, Mansfield University offers a degree program similar to that of Simmons College. The primary degree offered is the bachelor of science degree in nutrition. A sports nutrition emphasis is offered, however. The entire degree requires 120 credit hours of studies, 56 of which are in the field of nutrition (21 hours) and sports nutrition (35 hours). Courses of study include introduction to nutrition, advanced nutrition, principles of food science, community nutrition, nutrition counseling and education, sports nutrition, kinesiology, exercise physiology, biochemistry and organic biochemistry and human anatomy and physiology.Mansfield University
Mainesburg, PA 16932
Cardiovascular workouts offer unparalleled health benefits. Aside from aiding in weight loss (when combined with strength training exercises), cardio exercises strengthens the heart and lung muscles, improves circulation by maximizing the amount of oxygen your body takes in and increases endurance and stamina. Because of these, cardio workouts lower blood pressure and thereby reduce one’s risk of heart disease, heart attack, stroke and type II diabetes. What’s more, taking 10,000 steps a day has been proven to reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.
Still the benefits keep on coming. Cardio exercises activate the body’s immune system to protect the body from the onslaught of various diseases. It increases bone density, preventing osteoporosis especially in women, improves flexibility and increases one’s energy level. Cardio workouts release endorphins, makes the body feel good, reduces stress and relieves tension. It also increases confidence, promotes self-image and enhances self-esteem. It also enables one to sleep more soundly at night.
Cardio workouts that you can do at home may be done for 30-40 minutes each day, three to five times a week. There are always three parts to any cardio workout session: the warm up (which approximately lasts 10 minutes), workout proper (30-40 minutes) and cool down (10 minutes). You must never neglect the first and last parts inasmuch as these are important in preparing the body for the exercise and facilitating the body towards normalcy after an intense workout.
One of the best cardio workouts that can be done at home is dancing. Whether you choose ballroom dancing, hip hop, aerobic dance or jazzercise or belly dancing, this cardio exercise is sure to give you the workout you need without being boring. The beat of the music keeps you moving.
Jumping rope exercises is another good option too. Make sure you increase intensity as your body gets more accustomed to the exercise.
If you want a more laid back workout that you can do in the living room, you can always check out a home video on Pilates cardio. That is highly recommended too.
But perhaps one of the most effective cardio exercises is one that need not necessarily be done at home but is based from home. Walking is one of the easiest workouts that almost anyone can do. It’s a natural thing to do and does not require any other equipment other than your own two feet. Besides walking, other cardio exercises that begin and end at home include jogging, rollerblading and bicycling. If you want to push your cardio workout to the next level, you can do sprints right in your own backyard. Measure a comfortable distance for you to sprint back and forth in. Increase the distance when your body gets used to it. If you have a pool, swimming is a no-impact cardio workout to try as well.
Cardio exercises are great workouts that give your body various advantages. Not only does it make your body more physically fit, it improves your psychological wellbeing as well. Cardio workouts that can be done at home such as those mentioned above give you the flexibility to schedule the workout at your most convenient time.
- Look through your user manual to determine if you need to use any lubrication on the exercise machine. If you do, the manual is going to state exactly where the lubrication points are. These points are typically where movement takes place, such as the peddles on a bike, the belt on a treadmill or the movable joints on a weight machine.
- Clean off any old lubrication from the exercise equipment. Old lubrication can build up and dry, so it is important to remove it. Use a rag or paper towels to remove this. You might want to wear old clothing because this project can be messy.
- Pour the new lubricant into a clean fresh rag. You can purchase exercise equipment lubricant at most sporting goods stores or other facilities that sell exercise equipment.
- Apply the lubricant onto the joints and movable areas of the exercise machines. Make sure to thoroughly coat both sides of the area. This lubrication keeps the machine from having bare metal rub against bare metal.
- Pour 1 cup white vinegar and 1/2 cup baking soda into a spray bottle. Pour 2 cups hot water into the spray bottle as well, which will dissolve the baking soda quickly. Twist the lid onto the bottle and shake to combine the ingredients.
- Spray the homemade cleaner onto a paper towel, then wipe the equipment clean. The vinegar will disinfect while the baking soda will deodorize. Wipe down not only the handles, but also the buttons, the switches and any other area of the machine that you were in contact with.
- Repeat after each use, and let the machine air-dry after cleaning.
Donate to Help Others
- Contact your nearest branch of the Salvation Army to see if it has a need for used exercise equipment. The organization accepts a wide range of household items, which it sells at thrift stores as a fundraising venture. Provided the organization has a need for your equipment, drop it off or inquire about having the items picked up. In general, however, the organization doesn’t pick up items unless you have a significant quantity. The Salvation Army provides tax receipts for certain items.
- Review depreciation definition. Depreciation is the value of the wear and tear on your equipment. Not only does it allow you to expense expensive equipment over the useful life of the asset (instead of all at once), but it helps manage the value of the asset on the balance sheet. “Straight-line” depreciation writes off an equal portion of the assets value every year, while other methods accelerate the expense in the beginning or at the end of the asset.
- Determine what’s right for exercise equipment. The IRS is familiar with MACRS, so use MACRS unless you have a good reason not to.
- Review MACRS depreciation methodology. Look in IRS Tax Publication 946 under the section “Which Property Class Applies Under GDS?” in the introduction (See References). This will provide a recommendation for the useful life of your equipment, if you don’t already have one.
- Walk through an example. Using MACRS and assuming your exercise equipment has a useful life of five years, let’s compute the depreciation expense: We are going to use MACRS at the 200 percent double-declining balance rate. For a 10 year period MACRS yearly depreciation expenses are: 20.00, 32.00, 19.20, 11.52, 11.52, and
5.761 percent for Years 1 through 5, respectively.
- Multiply the year by the rate to get the depreciation expense for that year. For instance, Year 1 depreciation expense for $10,000 piece of exercise equipment is $10,000 * .1 or $1,000.
We all know that aerobic exercise (also known as cardio) is good for our health. It helps to keep our heart and lungs healthy and increase our metabolism leading to weight loss. Most people therefore perform aerobic exercise in order to burn fat, lose weight and gain health benefits. We’ve all heard that a good diet and regular exercise can help to reduce the risk of diabetes, heart disease and even cancer.
When we perform aerobic exercise, we elevate our heart rate and increase our consumption of oxygen. What we achieve is simply to breathe harder. The definition of aerobics is ‘vigorous exercises designed to increase oxygen intake’. If you think about that, wouldn’t it seem logical that we could increase our oxygen intake by just breathing more? It is the oxygen we breathe that actually burns fat. There are a number of aerobic breathing techniques that promise to burn fat leading to weight loss and improved health and fitness.
Deep breathing techniques are used in many different ways such as yoga. Many health professionals promote deep breathing exercises and there is little doubt that it can be extremely beneficial to relax and invigorate in order to combat stress. Well known professionals like Tony Robbins and Gillian McKeith also promote deep breathing.
The question is – can we lose weight simply by breathing? Well, aerobic breathing programs like Bodyflex, Oxycise and Lifelift say we can achieve dramatic results in terms of weight loss and improved overall health. All three teach a slightly different breathing technique but they all promise we can indeed lose weight by following their advice.
There are no magic pills when it comes to losing weight. Aerobic breathing probably isn’t going to be a miracle cure for obesity. However, there is a strong possibility that it could provide a little help in the battle of the bulge. The main techniques mentioned suggest 15 minutes a day is enough to make a difference. They say it isn’t necessary to diet or do any other kind of exercise – just breathe and the excess fat will simply melt away! Wouldn’t it be lovely it that was all we had to do to achieve the body we dream about? Well, let’s take a more sensible approach! Given that we know there are probably some health benefits, a regular aerobic breathing session may be beneficial used in conjunction with a healthy diet and a little more daily exercise.
Everyone wants to lose weight, get fit and be healthy. It isn’t easy but it really is very simple. You need to be realistic and set achievable goals. Eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables together with lean protein, whole grains and low fat dairy. Drink lots of water. Exercise regularly including some activities that provide aerobic benefits along with some exercises for strength and flexibility. Think positive and make good choices and you will start to see a new improved version of yourself! Oh, and breathe!
- A sports consultant is required to network and market the services to local and international organizations working for sports and athletics.
Multiple Projects Management
- Working alongside other consultants as well as strategic planners and financial consultants, requires you to develop a comprehensive strategy to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Keep yourself updated with the changes and trends in the sports arena including marketing and sports developing.
- Sign agreements and contracts with other sport teams, organizations and agencies working on similar organizational goals. Also, hire and train new management staff for the agency.
- Based on the requirement of the sports organization, you have to write and develop an appropriate strategic plan. Also, you have to present reports to several management teams and boards for providing information on the proposed plans.
BrainPad is the current leader in the production of safe and affordable athletic mouth guards, protective sports equipment and accessories. The company is the premier source of reliable protection for all types of athletes, BrainPad bringing its patented athletic mouth guard to every customer in order to provide a revolutionary injury prevention product that works to stop concussions before they have a chance to occur.
The minds at BrainPad have worked hard to create an incredibly effective athletic mouth guard that gives every buyer the safety, cleanliness and comfort they require and at a price they can afford. BrainPad was developed in part by an athlete that understands the need of such a product, professional boxer Jesse Ferguson having suffered from temporomandibular joint disorder, a condition that caused him nausea, headaches and career-threatening balance problems. Ferguson’s physician worked closely with the boxer to assess his situation and provide a level of protection that would allow him to continue in his sport. The result of this effort was the athletic mouth guard system used in BrainPad, a technology that keeps the jaw in a static position so as to minimize the effects of mouth impact that lead to concussions. Jesse Ferguson was able to continue his career using the BrainPad boxing mouth guard, protecting himself while continuing his involvement in boxing.
Every sport involving contact holds the potential for serious injury but with the proper usage of a high-quality athletic mouth guard this danger can be greatly minimized. BrainPad supplies only the finest solution to address this issue, offering a line of athletic mouth guards that offer unparalleled protection and a level of sanitation not found in similar products. BrainPad is sold alongside the NatureZone™ system, a technology that provides the greatest level of cleanliness possible when used with any oral appliance. NatureZone™ is a deodorizing and sanitizing oral appliance chamber that combats the growth (and removes the existence) of infectious and odor-causing germs, letting BrainPad buyers experience a hospital-level medical tool whether at home or the gym. It is also capable of providing a quick (3 minute) cleaning of any oral appliance, sanitizing and deodorizing with its UV and ozone application process. The NatureZone™ system works with all oral appliances, making the sanitizing container a fantastic purchase for every sports player.
Visit BrainPad online to begin browsing its wide selection of protective sports equipment, famous athletic mouth guard and more. The website hosts sizing information and full details on every basketball mouth guard, boxing mouth guard, football mouth guard, ice hockey mouth guard and more, ensuring that each customer can purchase the perfect product for their unique needs. The BrainPad homepage also offers testimonials, complete information on each athletic mouth guard and its comprehensive line of sports accessories (including headbands, wristbands and more).
With BrainPad’s catalogue of sports accessories and its world-famous athletic mouth guard, all sports players now have an easy and affordable resource for finding safety in their game. BrainPad offers the premier solution for security, comfort and cleanliness, protecting every customer with the use of its revolutionary athletic mouth guard.
For more information on BrainPad, its famous athletic mouth guard and more, visit BrainPads.
How Air Jordan made Nike the most popular Athletic Shoe Company
Before 1984 Nike had absolutely no credit in the basketball world, in fact it faced jeopardy from the fast paced sportswear market in general. They basically needed a way in which to reinvent themselves in order to appeal to the market once again, which is how the business relationship with Michael Jordan first came about. Nike saw an opportunity in Jordan and as a result signed a $2.5 million deal with him for five years; Nike now stands as the most popular athletic shoe company in existence.
Since its first release back in 1985 there have continually been new designs of the Air Jordan Athletic shoe released each year, even after Jordan retired from basketball. However when the first shoe was released back in 1985, things didn’t start out so smoothly and the release turned the athletic shoe industry upside down with some people praising its release while for others it caused nothing but controversy. For one this type of shoe had never been released in anything but white whereas the Air Jordans were black with bold red detail, causing them to soon be banned from the basketball league, a ban that Jordan himself broke time and time again, resulting in Nike getting fined but to Nike this was ok as people were starting to pay attention to the shoe. This attention soon became clear as many companies were starting to imitate the design in their own releases.
The designers responsible for the Air Jordans take aspects of Michael Jordans life, ideas and hobbies into account when producing the athletic shoes and as a result there are over 24 different models available. This offers an array of style, color and design for you to take advantage of; so basically with the amount of choice that is open to you, the Air Jordan makes the perfect shoe to be worn not just on the basketball court but also on a daily basis as well.
Each of the new Air Jordans that are created each push the boundaries of style and technology, an example of this can be seen within the third version of this athletic shoe that was created. This was designed by Tinker Hatfield and was the first within this product line to feature a visible air unit on the heel, similar to that of the Nike Air Max. Also within this version of the shoe, it was the first to feature the famous Jumpman logo. Out of all the sneakers that were produced within this brand it is this version that is said to be the favorite of Michael Jordan; in fact he wore this version during the 1988 Dunk Championship, which he went on to win along with many other historical events during his career. This shoe is definitely one of the most famous within the Air Jordan series.
The most recent release within this lineup comes curtsy of the Air Jordan 2009, which represents a sports shoe that uses technology known as Articulated Propulsion Technology, which is based around the carbon fiber prosthetic running technology. It is this increase in technology and the advancements that have come with it as well as Michael Jordans input that has pushed Nike to be the most popular Athletic Shoe Company in society today, a title that looks like its going to get stronger as more and more shoes are created and released.
Prepping for Sale
- Give your exercise equipment a thorough cleaning before you offer it up for sale. Wipe down handles, frame and upholstery with a soft rag moistened in a solution of equal parts water and white vinegar. Check the owner’s manual and perform any maintenance you may have been putting off, especially cleaning wheel tracks and lubricating any moving parts.
If you’re dealing with a cardio or weight machine, grab the frame and give it a shake. If there’s any wiggle in the structure, tighten the assembly bolts until it’s solid. And finally, mend any rips and tears in the upholstery. Your options range from using a DIY vinyl or leather patch kit, to replacing the entire cover yourself or hauling your equipment to an automobile upholstery shop for a professional repair job.
Consignment and Used Gear Shops
- For instant gratification, take your used workout equipment to a buyer/reseller like Play It Again Sports, 2nd Wind Exercise Equipment or Big Fitness. Which items they’ll buy vary according to buyer demand, but high-quality home exercise machines, free weights and home cardio machines are usually good bets.
If the shop staff doesn’t want to buy your equipment outright, they might consign it for you. You won’t see payment until the item sells, plus a small delay for them to cut the check. Remember that the shop will take a portion of the proceeds.
Where Else to Sell
- You can also sell used exercise equipment on Craigslist, eBay and other online classified sites. Try to stick to local buyers only, because shipping heavy exercise equipment can be a costly nightmare.
Garage sales are another option, although you might not get as much for your items. Experts advise pricing your garage sale goods at anywhere from one-tenth to one-third of the retail cost. Gauge your exercise equipment prices against what a similar model costs now, not on what you actually paid for that treadmill or weight bench back in the day.
How to Advertise
- When you list your exercise equipment for sale, make sure you include the brand, model name, model number, condition and any key features. For example, instead of posting that you have a “NordicTrack treadmill for sale,” post that you have a “NordicTrack Commercial 1750 for sale, 3.5 hp engine, 15 percent incline to 3 percent decline, great condition and only 3 years old.” Also make it clear from the start whether you are willing to deliver or if you expect the buyer to pick up. Finally, include pictures of the actual item, not just a stock image from online, so that buyers can see its condition.